Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI

tag
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

Discover CLI

I just got 1,500 from Disco via the website.  Which, though bread crumbs compared to the love available from BofA and Amex, still makes me happy because they've been rejecting me on the regular since my last CLI of, wait for it.... 450 bucks (LOL) back in January.  

So you know I had to try and double dip.  I spoke to the front line CSR and no dice.  She then passed me to the Magic Recon People and with a hard pull of TU I got another 5K.  So, yeah!  Considering what stingy bastards Discover has been lately I'm pretty stoked with a 55% increase.  

This will stop me whining about Discover for a solid 12 months.  Smiley Wink  

#FirstWorldProblems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover CLI

Congrats...Yes Discover can make you pull your hair out with their cheapness on profiles that one think they would give good CLI's to and huge limits to; ones that you wouldn't think would get the big limits and sp cli's get them... Least the HP wasn't in vain and got a "decent" bump from them, but compared to Amex/BofA/Chase,etc.... they can't compare if ones income can support said CL.   

Message 2 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

#3averagejoespecials = #topofthefoodchain Smiley Happy when you only get 1 or an SJS, #HollabackSmiley Happy.......ps, no your four fiddy dont count as that just means you be gettin' a box of chocolatesSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 12
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, Discover is a funny one.  But, I'm glad to have them.  Their customer service is excellent and when the category is something I'll utilize to the limit, 5% is tops. 

Many people report fantastic limits with Chase but since I app'd with a dirty scorecard no doubt I'm in a bucket with little to no room for advancement.  At some point I'll have to app for a new Chase card and then do the old combine 'n sock drawer shuffle.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats...Yes Discover can make you pull your hair out with their cheapness on profiles that one think they would give good CLI's to and huge limits to; ones that you wouldn't think would get the big limits and sp cli's get them... Least the HP wasn't in vain and got a "decent" bump from them, but compared to Amex/BofA/Chase,etc.... they can't compare if ones income can support said CL.   

Discover.PNG

Do you think I am qualifed for CLI??  This is from their own web site.   I am sititng at tiny tiny 2700 SL and have been refused for CLI each and every time.   At the same period, I have received generous CLIs on most cards I have including stingy Barclays I spend 50/month.  My income, DTI etc... cannot be an issue. 

Message 5 of 12
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Discover.PNG

Do you think I am qualifed for CLI??  This is from their own web site.   I am sititng at tiny tiny 2700 SL and have been refused for CLI each and every time.   At the same period, I have received generous CLIs on most cards I have including stingy Barclays I spend 50/month.  My income, DTI etc... cannot be an issue. 

Don't get too hung up on the word "qualified", the meaning of which is like quicksand.  Sure yeah, your data points look strong but Discover, as quoted by Credit Curiosity above, marches to their own drummer.  Why they reward some profiles and not others is a popular mystery around here.  But here's the thing... you can request a CLI every 30 days and it's a soft pull so you may as well try your heart out -- no harm no foul.  

The best you can do to manipulate the situation in your favor is to find out what Discover likes and be that.  If you search this forum's Disco threads you'll find some good data points on that but I believe they like to be paid in full and they like regular use (in contrast to Amex who doesn't seem to care if you use them or not).  When I finally got my most significant CLI since opening the card I had been using Disco for BT's, even temporary ones, and had been passing large sums through the card and then back out again.  Maybe they liked that.  Made them feel special.  Basically Disco is a needy chick.  Smiley Wink

EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 6 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Why my chick feel the need to love so many people? Smiley Wink I feel like we live in a UTAHPEAN world now adaysSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on massive CLI 's!!!!!!

Message 8 of 12
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the massive CLI! Disco likes to be the DD from what I have noticed.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 12
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Why my chick feel the need to love so many people? Smiley Wink I feel like we live in a UTAHPEAN world now adaysSmiley Wink

I refuse to 'like' that absolutely ghastly pun.  Smiley Wink

EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.