Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI

cycle just ended 24th.  after reading the plethora of DPs on Discover CLIs I decided to try to get them after a cycle ends and after a FICO increase.  

today I got a $3,000 increase to increase my $8,000 CL to $11,000. 

DPs - opened account in August @ $7,5000 SL

-had a Discover card from 2000 to 2004.  Was late multiple times. 

-had another discover 2006-2008, was late multiple times.  

-honestly don't remember how I settled, pretty sure I got a 60 or 90 day notice and paid up.  Remember doing a credit rehab program around     2003 and 2005 to get my accounts current, debt paid down, and credit history cleaned up.  

-asked for a credit increase in September and was told "not enough experience with current credit limit"

-TU FICO 8 went up in October by a few points so I asked mid cycle and got a $500 CLI from $7,500 to $8,000

-asked in November after FICO went up but before cycle ended and was declined for 'not enough experience"

-tried again today and succeeded with the timing of another TU FICO increase and a new cycle.  

happy holidays to all

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover CLI

Congratulations! Diligence pays off.

Message 2 of 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI! Did you call in and DD?

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 3 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the CLI.

Rest sounds on par with discover

Message 5 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Welcome OP and congratulations.

I’ve noticed I get my largest CLIs when I have big spend and big payment within 2 stmt periods.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I did not do the DD.  I'm an idiot.  Both times I've done it late at night, just before bed and I was too tired to get on the horn and push the issue.  Although I do wonder whether I would have better luck with DD on the $500 increase or the $3000 increase.  oh well, too late now, right?  

Message 7 of 8
awg420
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Can't get Disco to budge from 4K for me Smiley Mad

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.