Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI!

Applied for a Discover It card back in late September 2018 with a $500 SL. Followed most of the guidelines I saw and didn't request a CLI until 3 months/90 days. Nothing. Requested once every month following and nothing. Took a break for two months, said what the hell and submitted a request via the luv button yesterday (I also changed my income from 85,000 to 120,000. For some reason I was always being generous before, but felt like being realistic) and got a small $300 increase. Accepted it and immediately called in and they increased it an extra $200 to $1,000! Small, but grateful for finally getting an increase. :-)

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Re: Discover CLI!

That is awesome!!! Continue using it wisely and your Disco card will grow with time! Congrats!!! Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 2 of 13
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Great job!

Keep plodding along and before you know it you'll be getting even bigger increases as you get more established. 

If you're using that Capital One card some and keeping it in good standing, you can work it up slowly with only soft pulls.  I started with only a $1K limit and was just approved for $22K after several years or hitting the 'luv button'. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read that Discover loves you utilizing what they give you so I put all my purchases on it and paid it off several times throughout the month! Hoping it continues to grow.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AimHigh, the Cap1 card I have was initially a credit rebuilder card and even though I've been in really good standing with them for going on 2 years now, they don't increase my limit no matter how often I request it. 

Message 5 of 13
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Great job.  I love Discover and have been using their card since 2010 with great success and BT offers.  

Dwight Congrats.gif

Message 6 of 13
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@ I have heard about a program with Capital One called "Credit Steps" which you should be eligible for even with poor or average credit. 

I would call Customer Service and try to get enrolled. 

(I did my credit line increases though their regular impersonal online credit line increase request, so I'm not really familiar with Credit Steps but I've heard about it a lot.)

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 7 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your new CLI!!

Message 8 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Gotta love Disco! Congrats!

Message 9 of 13
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Nice increase. Don’t worry—Disco has a lot of upward mobility 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.