Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI

I'm up late and up to no good! I was reading through some of these approvals and as my first anniversary with my Discover card was just the other day, on the 14th, and I hadn't received a CLI since May (I requested another in June but was denied because it was too soon) I decided to just go for it. My SL was $3300 which then got increased by $500 the three times I requested. This time I was hoping for more and my prayers were answered!! Approved for $3000 increase which now has me sitting nicely at $7800!!
Never thought I would have a card with that high of a limit when I started to work on my credit at the end of last year! I am so excited and happy that I did it despite my concern about having almost $600 charged to the card right now. Extremely proud of myself right now, my family really isn't big on credit nor do they realize or preach the importance of having good credit so I'm pretty alone in my credit journey so I thought I would share! I think I'll be waiting until about mid November before I ask again and see if I get a nice sized increase like this one again. Goodluck everyone!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI

Congratulations to you!  That's just a really nice increase, and you've got a great CL now.  You've done an awesome job rebuilding, and you're seeing the results.  Very happy for you today! Smiley Happy P.S. Get some sleep now!! Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smnares wrote:
I'm up late and up to no good! I was reading through some of these approvals and as my first anniversary with my Discover card was just the other day, on the 14th, and I hadn't received a CLI since May (I requested another in June but was denied because it was too soon) I decided to just go for it. My SL was $3300 which then got increased by $500 the three times I requested. This time I was hoping for more and my prayers were answered!! Approved for $3000 increase which now has me sitting nicely at $7800!!
Never thought I would have a card with that high of a limit when I started to work on my credit at the end of last year! I am so excited and happy that I did it despite my concern about having almost $600 charged to the card right now. Extremely proud of myself right now, my family really isn't big on credit nor do they realize or preach the importance of having good credit so I'm pretty alone in my credit journey so I thought I would share! I think I'll be waiting until about mid November before I ask again and see if I get a nice sized increase like this one again. Goodluck everyone!

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! That is awesome! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smnares wrote:

Congratulations ! 

If I am counting this right?  Did you do your pulls every 3 months? 

Very Impressive increase - Congratulations! 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone! It was even harder to go to sleep after that because I was on an approval high lol

BellaLina- I actually didn't even pay attention to the time between CLI requests until this last time because of being denied in June. I wasn't using this forum until about that time and then I read a lot about people waiting 31, 61, 91 days so I figured the combination of waiting 3 months after my last increase approval and being just after one year with Discover would give me a little more leverage this time. The best part is these were all soft pulls!
Message 6 of 11
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your cli !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations...Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, very nice CLI

Message 9 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.