Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI

Had my Discover card for 90 days and used the crap out of it.  I charged about half of my monthly expenses on this card but after I charged anything I paid it right off sometimes making payments 2-3x's weekly.  Discover sent me an email today stating that my credit line had been increased $500.00.  After talking to Austinguy here on myfico I applied for another CLI right after receiving this one that they gave me without applying and I got another $500.00.  My SL was $1k and now after 90 days it's doubled.  I'm happy with that and if this keeps being the case I'm sure this card is gonna blow up.  Just thought I'd give a heads up of my experience for others.  Thanks everyone and Austinguy especially

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI

That is awesome!!!!! That's the starting CL I received as well. I'm going to try your method and see if I get as lucky 🍀 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you on both of your increases! Enjoy your card a whole lot more this Holiday Season! Happy for you! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on the new increases which is known in these circles as the Discover double-dip Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your increases with the double dip! Smiley Happy Love Discover, and so hope they show me love with my first increase hopefully in a few weeks.

Message 5 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol Disco double dipSmiley Happy. Way to go Ceez!!Smiley Happy. Im not a 1k+ spender like some, my income doesnt allow but dang ive put quite a bit a spend for just almost 2 monthsSmiley Happy. My latest hiccup on my credit report cost me my chance to puf this last spend on Disco, but who knows maybe my spend and carey a balance may help ? Smiley Wink .

I know its been mentioned that id you dont put alot of spend on it it may help get bigger clis but im in my 1st year and get double cash back so i prefer to use it as much as i can, cli be darned lol. I can always netflix it next octoberSmiley Happy. Lets keep riding this magical Disco train LilCeez and im sure there will be plenty of loot along the way Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AJC I really hope you can get it removed!
Message 7 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks JustagirlSmiley Happy. I hoping too. Im gonna let it ride for now to see if i get lucky with my dispute from TU, if not letter writing galoreSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your credit line increaseSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Tristate
Contributor

Congrats!

AMEX BCE 10K; BARCLAYS REWARDS 10K; CITI ANYWHERE 8K; DISCOVER 7,5K;CAP ONE VENTURE 9K;MERRICK BANK 2,3K; MACY'S 1,2K; WALMART-SYNCRONY 450$.
BK7 DISCHARGED IN 2011. FICO 8 NOW IN LOW 700S.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.