Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI

I opened a Discover account on 8/26 with an SL of $10,000.  Shortly after made a balance transfer of $2,300 to take advantage of the 14-month, 0% APR BT offer, and I've been slowly paying it down...just recently reduced the outstanding balance to $880 so my account was at 8.8% utilization.  Browsing this forum this morning I saw a few posts about Discover CLI and "double dipping" so I decided to see if I could get one.  Logged in and hit the CLI request form, filled in the requested data and I was immediatey approved for a $3,000 CLI.   I decided to call in to see if I could get a bit more and surprisingly the rep didn't seem to know how much had been approved online... he asked me if my increase was $500.  I told him the correct number and he placed me on hold...When he came back a short while later and said they could possibly go higher than the $3,000 online approval but would need to do a hard pull.  I declined the HP so I still managed to get a 30% increase in my credit limit.  I'm actually surprised since there's been no activity on the card other than the balance transfer.

Which CRA does Discover use for hard pulls?  

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.