Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI

tag
wingennis
Valued Contributor

Discover CLI

I purchased a new computer in November while I was still in my 0% new purchase APR and just finished paying it down.  I hadn't requested a CLI in a while so made that attempt today.  No AJC special for this girl this time:  $3000 CLI bringing me up to $13,000.  I got this card last February with a starting limit of $9000.  I've had two $500 CLIs since.  My FICOs are around 690.  Hope the data points are useful

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Re: Discover CLI

Well done! Discover sure doesn't seem to follow any discernable rules. But you did well!

Message 2 of 14
wingennis
Valued Contributor

I agree, they have no rhyme or reason.  I won't say no to $3000!

Message 3 of 14
wingennis
Valued Contributor

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

Well done! Discover sure doesn't seem to follow any discernable rules. But you did well!

Speaking of doing well, you sure have all the cards!  I have Ritz envySmiley Wink

Message 4 of 14
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

@wingennis wrote:

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

Speaking of doing well, you sure have all the cards!  I have Ritz envySmiley Wink

Probably too many, LOL! The Ritz is closed to new applications following the Ritz/Marriott/SPG merger. You can now apply for the Marriott Bonvoy VISA from Chase and the AMEX Bonvoy Brilliant (which replaced the AMEX SPG Luxury) cards. Each of those cards has a similar rewards structure to the Ritz. Good luck!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your increase.....NICE...Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congratulations! Nice increase!,

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Lot of Disco CLI's this week.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.   That's a nice increase.     

So far i have only increased the number of insuffecient experience letters LOL 

Message 9 of 14
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Yeah I keep getting the rejection letters too! 

Their reasons are usually 

"Serious derogatory" (BK in 2016), and two other reasons I would have to look at the letter to say

Just want this card to grow!! 

Went from 1800 to 2200 with an auto-limit increase after about 11 months, but every single request I have made has been denied. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.