Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover/Cap1QS Approved

tag
loyalsudz
Regular Contributor

Discover/Cap1QS Approved

I applied for two cards in a mini-app spree.  Disc IT Card SL 10.5K after recon Heartand Cap1QS SL $3000 Smiley Very Happy. Now I am just going to garden a little. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover/Cap1QS Approved

Woah!! With a sl like that i believe you may just BUY the garden lol! Super congrats on your Discover, you have the "IT" factor Smiley Wink. Very nice love from CO tooSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 12
loyalsudz
Regular Contributor

Thanks, AverageJoesCredit!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Seems like capital one likes to start new card members at that $3k SL. I got my QS1 at $3k SL recently.

FICO 8 Scores: EX 706 (11/3/2016) EQ 696 (11/17/16) TU 708 (11/17/2016)

"Use your Credit wisely, don't let it use you!"~Me Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 12
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on two nice cards that can grow big.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP congrats !!!!!! But how did you get Discover to recon ?? They seem impossible to recon with -- was it an outright denial or SL ???
Message 6 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great question Joey!

Was thinking same, on all my rejections the closest i ever came to be able to recon was by thinking IT lol, they hit me up so fast for a joint application i was convinced i was growing a new body partSmiley Wink

Please share Op, im sure it will help get one more newbie over that golden finish lineSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, great starting limits, especially that Discover! That's awesome!
Message 8 of 12
loyalsudz
Regular Contributor

RE: "OP congrats !!!!!! But how did you get Discover to recon ?? They seem impossible to recon with -- was it an outright denial or SL ???"

Thank you Joeyzoom416!!!  I applied online first.  The application asked me for additional personal information to be confirmed which I sent.  Then I got the dreaded, we will contact you in 5 to 7 business days message.  I immediately panicked then recalled the recon recommended that people do after applying for credit cards.  I googled and there was the number from myfico.  I called and they were brilliantly nice to me.  I was so surprised as this was my first time calling a recon number.  I was transfered and the operator put me on hold after confirming my information.  I exclaimed how I had baddies in the past but how much I wanted to be welcomed back into the Discovercard family if approved.  She came back and asked "where can I send your new card with CL of $10.5K", and I was deliriously over joyed.  I just thanked her and Discovercard profusely. I stated that for the first time in a long time, I felt somewhat normal. All of this was, of course after I experienced 40+ point jumps across the board in all myfico scores after collection/late baddies fell off about 3 days ago.

Message 9 of 12
loyalsudz
Regular Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Congrats on two nice cards that can grow big.

Yes, I hope to ask for CLI in about 90 days! I love that your DiscoverIT is $25K.  I hope to be there someday!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.