Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Combination +CLI 4K

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Card Combination +CLI 4K

The other day i checked to see if i had a CLI available on my first Disco sitting at $2100 and no bones. Then, i tried on the second card and got this-

Screenshot (5).png

I declined the increase as i wanted to combine my cards. I waited a few days for my payment to clear on the first card  and just called the number on the card to proceed with the card combination. The first CSR, as others have experienced, said it can't be done. I politely asked if i could be transferred to a different department or a supervisor. I was put on hold while the CSR spoke to a supervisor and relayed what i had asked for. 

The supervisor confirmed what i was looking to do with the cards and said they could help me out.  They increased my second Discover from $4,500 to $8,500. Before moving the $2,100 limit from my first card and closing it they read a short disclosure and asked if i wanted to proceed. Of course i said YES! That card was from Nov, 2017. It started out as a $700 secured card that graduated at 7months to $1,500. I was able to get a $300 luv button increase in Jan, 2019 with another $300 double dip call-in. Almost 6 months later i still could't get a CLI on it even though i had been putting spend on it. 

The second card had 3 statements cut and also had a balance transfer on it. Starting limit was $4,500 and i had the balance at $4,300. I paid it to around $3,200 while still putting small purchases on it ever other day. After the combination and CLI the card sits at $10,600! The duration of the call was 15.25.   As always, some of the best customer service to deal with at Discover.

INQ EXP-12  EQ-5  TU-9

My overall util was 22% with a TU 703. 

New accounts 2/6, 4/12, 8/24-  I think?

AoOA 3y1m

AoYA 4m

AAoA 1y1m

When this Disco limit and my previous BOA CR CLI report this month, along with the cpl of thousand $ in payments i made, my util should be waaaay down. By the end of July i'll be AZEO and 1% util. I have room for one more card before gardening until August of 2020 when i'll be 4/24(3/24 if i don't get another card by then) with inq at 4,0,2, and will try for a Chase card.(hopefully CSR)

My next CLI will be on my BankAmericard in a coupe of months. It's at 7K and i'm going to ask for 25k and hope for the 20k counter. Not sure on the next card i want.. it's a internal battle choosing between the US Bank Cash+, Savor or Marvel, and Amex BCE. I may also try for another Amex business card(Simply Cash Plus)as it wont affect 5/24. There were other cards that interested me but i'm not in their footprintSmiley Sad

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover Card Combination +CLI 4K

CongratsSmiley Happy once again the BT trick does the trickSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

A Big "Disco" Congrats!

"I call it the Hope Diamond  Disco ball! Smiley LOL"

Message 3 of 5
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I do this every year with discover since there CLI’s suck plus I get 0% apr for 14 months Smiley Happy
Yes it’s a new card but hey it’s better then a measly $500 cli. Just did it a few days ago and got $5k SL. Last year was 6K and now that card is at $12k
Message 4 of 5
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the combination and CLI!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.