cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Reallocation/Combination SUCCESS!!!

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover Card Reallocation/Combination SUCCESS!!!

Congratulations on your efforts for the successful CLI then nice "reallocation"!!

Message 11 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@dbjohnson039 wrote:

Hooray!  FINALLY!

I was eligible for a CLI on one of my Discover IT cards and I called in to have the limits combined.  After being transferred a couple of times with an eye roll or two on my end, I finally ended up in the Credit Operations Department - and trust me I wrote this down for the future!  The rep used the word reallocation (which was probably the word I should have been using the entire time but I digress) and away we went.

I had a Discover IT card from 2017 @ 21.99% and one from 2019 @ 11.99% (Just realized this yesterday believe it or not).  The one from 2019 was indeed the one that was eligible for a CLI -- so nevermind the age of the accounts - I was able to take advantage of a $500 increase and reallocate the limit from the 2017 card to the 2019 card.....and voila....I now have one Discover account with a limit of $6,100 @ 11.99% APR.  I don't think I can really complain.  I am personally very happy with this result.  Just wanted to share!

Thanks to everyone for the advice on combining Discover Limits - I just joined here not too long ago and am already making moves that I think will definitely help in the long run and it's all because of the great community that is here! Smiley Happy

I recently got offered a $500 CLI from them. Wish I'd thought of doing the reallocation instead.

I find their policy so bizarre -- allowing reallocation only when one of your accounts is being offered a credit limit increase. I can't imagine what the reasoning is behind that.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 12 of 17
dbjohnson039
New Contributor

@SouthJamaica - Would sure be interesting to know the inside outs but keep this in mind next time that one of your Discover cards is eligible for a CLI. I always checked the site first since there's no hard pull involved and since the one account was finally eligible - I cancelled the CLI request and immediately called in and did everything over the phone. I only accepted the CLI request when I was sure they were going to reallocate and combine. So I got the combination AND a CLI all in one......not to mention an APR I can't complain about for a Discover Card!

Ch 7 BK Filed: Apr 2015 | Completed: Aug 2015

FICO Score 8/9 as of 01/17/2022:

Current/Open Credit Lines:
NFCU Flagship Signature VISA $30,000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25,000 | NFCU Platinum VISA $25,000 | Macy’s Star Rewards AMEX $24,000 | Apple Card (Goldman Sachs MC) $5,750 | Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $13,200 | Discover IT 9,100 | Barclays View MC $13,500 | mLife Rewards MC $13,500 | Chase Amazon Visa $1,500
Synchrony Accounts: Amazon Store Card $10,000 | CareCredit $18,000 | PayPal Credit $10,000 | Discount Tire Card $5,000
Message 13 of 17
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

@dbjohnson039 wrote:

@SouthJamaica - Would sure be interesting to know the inside outs but keep this in mind next time that one of your Discover cards is eligible for a CLI. I always checked the site first since there's no hard pull involved and since the one account was finally eligible - I cancelled the CLI request and immediately called in and did everything over the phone. I only accepted the CLI request when I was sure they were going to reallocate and combine. So I got the combination AND a CLI all in one......not to mention an APR I can't complain about for a Discover Card!

Additional data point on process: I fully accepted CLIs on both accounts online. I immediately called and requested a double dip and was denied. About 10 minutes later, I saw this thread and called in again. Had no problem combining them. 

Message 14 of 17
Sub16610
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Discover Card Reallocation/Combination SUCCESS!!!

Message 15 of 17
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Disco success 🥳

Message 16 of 17
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Discover CLI & Reallocation

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.