Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Cash Back and Merrick Bank Approvals

tag
ultimaterewardsguy357
Regular Contributor

Discover Cash Back and Merrick Bank Approvals

Got approved for two cards within a two month time frame. I was approved for a Discover it Cash Back card back on December 10, 2019, and then I received a mailer pre-approval from Merrick Bank Double Your Line Offer after getting accepted for the Discover it. I almost did not take it due to the fact that I just got the Discover it Card a week from the mailer getting to me. But I am in the process of building/repairing credit and carefully read the Merrick Bank DYL Offer and some of the posts on myFICO forums and I did not see any annual fee but a potential to boost my credit history by having more than my four lines of credit reporting positive payment history within this next year.

A few additional details to share:

CR pulls/FICO: Discover pulled EQ 633. Merrick Bank pulled TU 671.

UTI: 0% at the time across all of my cards which included Cap One QS $1000 and Cap One PL $1000. I got hit with an all zero penalty score drop of 12 points smh. So much for good behavior.

Income: $73K

Baddies: Three alleged collections accounts and one alleged repossession (two of the alleged collections have since been removed)

My interest in going after the Discover Card was for the Card Back Match, maximizing rewards, and amazing customer service. They are awesome!

Regarding CLIs, I only had one my Cap One QS went from $500 to $1000 back in November 2019. The next CLI is May 2020 and hope to get one on the secured one in March 2020 along with a Discover CLI in late March/early April 2020.

10/23/2023 [FICO Score 8] EX: 768 TU: 761 EQ: 777

Future Cards:
14 REPLIES 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover Cash Back and Merrick Bank Approvals

Congratulations on your approvals!

Message 2 of 15
ultimaterewardsguy357
Regular Contributor

Thanks @AllZero ! I should have probably shared the I went ahead and applied for the Merrick Bank DYL offer on January 1, and got approved two days ago. Merrick has already reported it to Experian. Weird. But I decided to take the offer since it expired on the 22nd of January and the past offers I received from Merrick Bank appeared to be of the fee harvester variety that you have a nightmare about.

10/23/2023 [FICO Score 8] EX: 768 TU: 761 EQ: 777

Future Cards:
Message 3 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new approvals!

Message 6 of 15
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@ultimaterewardsguy357 wrote:

Got approved for two cards within a two month time frame. I was approved for a Discover it Cash Back card back on December 10, 2019, and then I received a mailer pre-approval from Merrick Bank Double Your Line Offer after getting accepted for the Discover it. I almost did not take it due to the fact that I just got the Discover it Card a week from the mailer getting to me. But I am in the process of building/repairing credit and carefully read the Merrick Bank DYL Offer and some of the posts on myFICO forums and I did not see any annual fee but a potential to boost my credit history by having more than my four lines of credit reporting positive payment history within this next year.

A few additional details to share:

CR pulls/FICO: Discover pulled EQ 633. Merrick Bank pulled TU 671.

UTI: 0% at the time across all of my cards which included Cap One QS $1000 and Cap One PL $1000. I got hit with an all zero penalty score drop of 12 points smh. So much for good behavior.

Income: $73K

Baddies: Three alleged collections accounts and one alleged repossession (two of the alleged collections have since been removed)

My interest in going after the Discover Card was for the Card Back Match, maximizing rewards, and amazing customer service. They are awesome!

Regarding CLIs, I only had one my Cap One QS went from $500 to $1000 back in November 2019. The next CLI is May 2020 and hope to get one on the secured one in March 2020 along with a Discover CLI in late March/early April 2020.

Congrats, and continued success on your rebuild.

Message 7 of 15
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your success!!

Thanks for sharing it :-)

Message 8 of 15
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations !

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 9 of 15
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! And welcome to the Disco!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.