Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Cli yet again

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Cli yet again

Well I got this card one year ago next week with a 10k limit. I pulled up my spend analyzer and have put 17k thru the card number the last 11 months. Hit the button again and have now received my 7th Cli in one year bringing me to 37,000. That's just insane I'm gonna keep goin til then eventually tell me no the last few increases have been 60+ days I've noticed verses every month earlier but I'll take it. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Cli yet again

Congrats on the increases!  10K is a good startng line considering they put me at $4500.  I'm right there with you though at $36K a year later.  I found more growth with less spend though than your $1.5K/mo avg.  I switched it up to every other Month as well and jumped from the $3-4K bucket to the $6K and waiting to see what they do on my next one 12/1.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny I just did the same thing just put a 2k Vaca on there and figure another 1-1500 in reg spend til next statement I'm gonna let it report the balance. I like these algorithm games lol

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every increase has been 4K except for the prior one which was 3k

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!  Amazing growth on a card that's only a year old! Congrats to you - enjoy it even more! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! Great starting limit and even greater CLI!!! Can't wait till Discover starts to show me some love. 

Message 6 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

so i have a discover card with sl 1500... i should spend less and pay if off for example i should spend 300 and pay it down or spend 1000 and pay it down under 300 30% mark will that help for more of an increase because i have a 630 score but im trying to get more of an increase on my main cards i have 3 card im an AU on all in good standings equaling about 50000k. what the best advice that can get me cli

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

Congrats on the increases!  10K is a good startng line considering they put me at $4500.  I'm right there with you though at $36K a year later.  I found more growth with less spend though than your $1.5K/mo avg.  I switched it up to every other Month as well and jumped from the $3-4K bucket to the $6K and waiting to see what they do on my next one 12/1.

so i have a discover card with sl 1500... i should spend less and pay if off for example i should spend 300 and pay it down or spend 1000 and pay it down under 300 30% mark will that help for more of an increase because i have a 630 score but im trying to get more of an increase on my main cards i have 3 card im an AU on all in good standings equaling about 50000k. what the best advice that can get me cli

Message 9 of 15
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Britt -

So, with a 1500 limit if it were me I would set a mental limit of 10% of that which would be $150.  Showing that you can use it and manage it at about that level should yield better results when asking for a CLI on the account.  This is your only account in your name I'm gathering from what you've posted?  The AU accounts I would suspect should be putting your score higher than 630 though.  How does the spending look on those accounts?  They may be hurting more than helping if the card owner is carrying large balances.  

Just in general it's best to keep your spending in the view of the creditor as being managed and not running it up and paying it off.  Several others around here have done the same and yielded paltry $500 increases.  Personally I've found that reducing my CLI attempts to every other month also shifted the CLI amount into a higher gear from $3-4K to $6K on the last one I just got on 10/1.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.