cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Cli yet again

Doebear
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover Cli yet again

Yet more epic increases - what are we going to do with all this credit excitement? Whatever you are doing stevez333, keep on, keep on!

Message 11 of 15
jptauer86
Valued Member

I just applied for another CLI after quite some time ( I've been slacking recently, after a mortgage I've been pretty lax on everything-credit.. ) and received a $6000 increase about an hour ago to $35,000. My annual income has increased a reasonable amount, which they ask for. I also noticed that they now ask for your liquid assets as well... ? Which maybe rang well for me. Very happy with my increase. Smiley Very Happy My (first/this) Discover card was opened in July 2015.

Edit: to say my original approval limit was $13,500.

Message 12 of 15
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

JP - $6K seems to be their target right now for some profiles.  I got one in the same amount 10/1 and shooting for another one 12/1.  I started out lower at $4500 end of July just like you and hit $36K with the last increase.  How has your spending been on it for the last year?  I've been finding as people lighten up a bit they have been able to get higher increases and wanted to know if that rang true for you as well.  

Message 13 of 15
jptauer86
Valued Member

Hm, as far as my spending is concerned on this card I have certainly been lightening up on it lately.. Let's see: I spent pretty well on my categories since opening the account. in 2015... but, the only time I've maxed out for my 5% rewards in a quarter (which was actually still doubled from my initial year)... was this summer for home improvement spending. I haven't really touched the card since then, in like maybe 5-6 months ago. I was pretty religious with my CLI requests whenever I was eligible for them ( maybe every 90 days?? I can't recall ) and they typically fell in the 3-4k range each. 

Message 14 of 15
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Sounds like we were on the same path with the 3-4K CLI train.  I kept my spend down though as part of my normal practice usually less than 200-300/mo for bills and small purchases of the like.  Once I let up on the agressive CLI pattern I was on and went to every other month I hit the 6K tier.  Here's to more 6K's and maybe moving up the ladder to the 8K's a couple of others have seen.  The highest from non-usage lately has been 12-14K though.... Just looking for some patterns to go off of and maybe put something together on here some day.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.