cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Graduated...YAAAY! Now what?? :)

tag
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

Discover Graduated...YAAAY! Now what?? :)

Got a phone call at 0640 this morning and obviously didn't answer as I assumed it was a SCAM call.  I googled the number and saw that it was Discover.  I got a bit nervous and went to check the app on my phone wondering if I forgot a payment or something.  NOPE... My credit line had increased from $700 secured to $2000 and I didn't even ask them.   I just opened it up on October 1st.   Smiley Happy.... 

SOOOO..... here's where I need your expert advise.... Should I call their RECON line and ask for more?  Or lay low and not push my luck?  I know it was a soft pull because all 3 of my CR's are locked.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Discover Graduated...YAAAY! Now what?? :)

@Sadie5150   Doing a successful double dip at time of graduation is very unlikely. 

You may still call if you wish to do so. DD has to be done on a same day 

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats way to go !!!!

Message 3 of 14
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

I'm trying to find the RECON number in past posts and no luck yet.  Anyone have the number I should call?  

Also, I keep hearing about a "love button" on peoples accounts.  I don't see anything like that.  I have to actually go into the account profile and go to option of "Credit Line Increase" request.  Is that the same thing?  Thanks!

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 😊
Message 5 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Sadie5150 wrote:

I'm trying to find the RECON number in past posts and no luck yet.  Anyone have the number I should call?  

Also, I keep hearing about a "love button" on peoples accounts.  I don't see anything like that.  I have to actually go into the account profile and go to option of "Credit Line Increase" request.  Is that the same thing?  Thanks!

Yes, same thing 

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 7 of 14
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Honestly that’s a big increase and I wouldn’t poke the bear. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I would give it 3 more months to catch your bearings. Time to buy a Magic 8bsll nowSmiley Happy Essential for all those who travel the DiscoPathSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Sadie5150 wrote:

@Sadie5150  It's not a recon lol.  You'd simply call the number on the back of your card  if that's what you chose to do. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.