Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT 10k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT 10k

Been receiving pre qualified offers in the mail the last 3 or 4 months (along with Amex) with 3 point APR range then finally the last pre qualify offer had the 3 point range, but the next bracket lower! Was nervous of decline or 500 limit, I don't make a lot of money right now, but BOOM! Highest limit by far. My util was 58 percent to 33 percent which would explain the lower APR offer, but 0% for 14 months once I get that thing!! Still want to apply for Amex now that I have this momemtum should have I had the windows up side by side, just app, or maybe hold off another month until all this reports on my CR with an almost sure bigtime boost in score! This place is the greatest of all time!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT 10k

@Anonymous wrote:

Been receiving pre qualified offers in the mail the last 3 or 4 months (along with Amex) with 3 point APR range then finally the last pre qualify offer had the 3 point range, but the next bracket lower! Was nervous of decline or 500 limit, I don't make a lot of money right now, but BOOM! Highest limit by far. My util was 58 percent to 33 percent which would explain the lower APR offer, but 0% for 14 months once I get that thing!! Still want to apply for Amex now that I have this momemtum should have I had the windows up side by side, just app, or maybe hold off another month until all this reports on my CR with an almost sure bigtime boost in score! This place is the greatest of all time!!!

Congrats!   That's a great SL.  I've been getting the mailers, too, but the APR is still a bit high and I have been declined by Discover before, so I'm very leery of pulling the trigger and only getting a $1K limit.  Do you mind sharing what your scores are?  

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outstanding! Welcome to the Discover family!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!   That's a great SL.  I've been getting the mailers, too, but the APR is still a bit high and I have been declined by Discover before, so I'm very leery of pulling the trigger and only getting a $1K limit.  Do you mind sharing what your scores are?  

Thanks! Yeah I really had no idea what my scores were until recently with the free Discover scorecard which said 745 and that's a EX score I think. I have been using CapitalOne and they're tracker which turned into some Vantage 3.0 or something or another figured it's an estimated score and not much of the real thing except to get me a basic idea. But for what it's worth those scores last few months were 711 then 723 and 733, obviously util played a big role for me.

I'm not sure what my score is going to do, but I'm not expecting a big spike like originally thought especially with a car loan almost paid off, this new hard inquiry, and  lower AAoA new account. I'm actually not sure how that all works especially with my car loan almost paid off. Amex pre approval site says 250 cash after 1000 spend which I want real bad obviously and for their 3x CLI, but maybe I'll take a breather until all this reports I'm really not sure. I still have another auto loan payment looming in case that hurts my score by being paid and closed. I'll sleep with my Discover approval tonight anyway.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Outstanding! Welcome to the Discover family!

Thank you! Sure feels great and to have no interest for 14 months plus that double cash back after also feels great. I almost forgot what that is like as a welcoming gesture applying for new card.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forum, congrats on the Disco approval. This is a very nice SL, congrats 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome SL!! enjoy spending, the card is awesome!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome approval! Don't see many starting CLs at $10K.
Message 8 of 11
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.