Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT APPROVED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT APPROVED!

I was feeling a little defeated yesterday after being denied a Barclays card due to too many inquires.  (which they did not do a HP)  I think they looked at my old app from Nov 2016.  I have a subcription to myFico and have yet to get a ding of an inquiry.  But anyway what do we do after a defeat?  Hop on myFico for a lil encouragement!

After reading about one of the members being approved for a Dicover card with a BK only 1.6 yrs.and his scores were close to mines.  I got excited and thought maybe I should give it a shot.  And I did and got approved for the Discover IT $2000 limit!  I'm in with DISCO baby (smiles)

FYI:  here is some data on me

BK filed 3/2016...DC 6/2016

the only other CC I have is a Navy Fed. rewards with $1100 limit and a CLOC $5500.  utl approx. 20% for both

I have 4 store CC utl approx 20-30%

EQ-636

TU-641

TU-658

hopes this info helps someone.  After Navy Fed May AR soft pull.  I promise I will chill in the Garden!  

Tee~ 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT APPROVED!

sorry I meant EX 658

Message 2 of 11
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats on getting in with ok with Discover
Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey TeeStap, this is an awesome accomplishment. Pretty awesome limit too being only 10 months post bk you are definitely ahead of the game. Keep up the great work and try to work a bit on your utilization as thatll help manage your cards easierSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work...Congrats!! Keep up the great work...Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome TeeStap congratulations on your nice Discover approval! 😊
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Disco approval. Not bad SL
Message 7 of 11
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Congrads on the approval.

You have good scores considering a recent BK. 

What was your accounts like that were discharged in bankruptcy? (Charge offs, collections...) Im just courious if there were any CO.  Im looking at Discover IT and have 1 CO.  But if people are getting approved under a year with a BK it could show alot of hope to me.

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey MrTom, I only had 1 charge off and I did not burn any credit card companies in my bankruptcy. I have a student loan approx. $20,000 left to pay that always got paid before and after Bk so that probably gave me a boost. I make good money and been employed in the government for a while.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on your approval! (kinda late)

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.