Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Approval w/ baddies!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Approval w/ baddies!

I just wanted to update this thread to say that I got my card today and activated it. So, I applied last Friday (the 8th) and received the card this Friday (the 15th). So, basically, it took a week (7 days) for the card to be delivered. I figured some might be curious about how long it takes to get the card in the mail.

I got an email yesterday saying that it should arrive in "3 to 5 days." (Not business days, just days.) The email also told me what my Payment Due Date would be. A few days ago I got an email with a questionnaire about my application process (assessing the guy I talked to when I applied). Other than these two emails, I got nothing confirming my approval for the card. Thanks to the information I got from MyFico forums, I did learn about the "application confirmation" page, so checked it out beforehand (just to prove to myself that I wasn't delusional! Cat LOLhttps://www.discovercard.com/application/checkStatus

I already have a Discover checking account so I was able to set it all up so both checking and credit card were "merged" and I can see them displayed on the same account (same username/password). 

So far, so good!

Message 11 of 14
difringe
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the approval! I think it's important for some of us to have some perspective when we're complaining about a $2k SL, etc. I hope this card grows into exactly what you need!

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@difringe wrote:

Congratulations on the approval! I think it's important for some of us to have some perspective when we're complaining about a $2k SL, etc. I hope this card grows into exactly what you need!

Thanks! Right, I know! When some people complain about "only" $1000 limit, I have to laugh! 

I am not crazy about my $200 limit on my Walmart and Green Dot cards, but I'm getting used to frequently and obsessively paying off tiny balances. I hope this habit isn't bad (I don't think so). Better that than to let balances pile up and pile up...

Message 13 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great job @Anonymous Smiley Happy

Dont sweat the Wally @ 200, i started at a buck fiddy and am at 15k lol. And believe me, im probably the lowest income earner here on myFicoSmiley Wink
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.