Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Approval with $4,500 SL - HP from Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Approval with $4,500 SL - HP from Experian

BOOM! Congrats!  Not a HORRIBLE SL....  it’ll grow...

Message 11 of 17
LakeLife
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LakeLife wrote:

Congrats on the approval!  I've had my Discover card since 2011 and just recently was approved for a CLI.  Before that they had given me two automatic CLIs over the years.  The recent CLI was the first I had ever asked for.  The automatics came when I was close to my CL and using the card heavily and my FICO scores were running from the high 600s to low 700s.  From what I understand on this forum is that Discover can be hit or miss.

I appreciate the feedback. What was your SL and what were the increase amounts for the automatic CLI's and the one you asked for.  

Smiley LOL Smiley Happy

I wish I could remember, but I didn't keep track of such things back then.  I seem to remember $5k start and a couple of increases of around $1.5k.  When I asked for one they gave me around $4.5k. 

Message 12 of 17
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! An excellent card that will grow HUGE 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and welcome back to Disco!!!! I can say that I started at $5,500 in October 2016 with my First Disco. Today I sit at $21,500. Sometimes lots of use. Other times, little to no use. My salary is sooooooo much less than yours. And I have a BK7 on my reports. My card seemed to grow quite well. Additionally, all increases were CLI requests by me on their website.

Also I received a second card in November 2017 - Starting Limit $1,000. It now sits at $5,000. Again, all CLI were requested by me and little to no spend on this card. 

Enjoy your new card. It can grow. But YMMV.

Message 14 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on the Discover IT Approval with $4,500 SL

Message 15 of 17
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Approval, the Very Nice SL, and Welcome Back to the Disco family!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 16 of 17
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Congratulations

BTW 4500 SL from Disco is not *small* for Discover standards.... its actually good enough to say your chances of growth are pretty good...

I'll say something different than many folks.. While you can hit that button as much as you want... At least for the first CLI.. wait for about 3 months + a week. (or basically a few days/week after your third statement)... And see if you get an AUTO cli.... (it will show on your account).... if after that you dont, you can go for the LUV button...  Its a soft pull BTW. Your initial CL kinda hints that your Discover was a solid approval not a more iffy one... Yes Disco is one of the more unpredictable lenders but your looking good for auto-luv..... and if you get an auto ... you can try double dipping..... But usually discover wants at least 3 months experience before giving out any CLIs.... And waiting at least a little for possible auto luv can be more rewarding 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.