Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Approval

tag
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Discover IT Approval

Hi Guys,  I took a little break from the forums and credit in general while continuing to rebuild and grow what I have but I decided to come and share one of my recent achievements since you guys have been such great help.  

I decided to try the Discover pre-qualifier this morning and was shocked when it stated that I was pre-approved for the IT, Chrome and Miles.  I decided to go for the IT and clicked apply.  I never expected what happened next... approval with a SL of $11.5K!!! That is my biggest CL yet and I am so excited!!!

I debated whether I wanted to pull the trigger and app for the Chase Shappire Preferred but was not sure of approval especially with no pre-qualified offers.  I mainly wanted their card for some upcoming travel but was also unsure if I could meet the 4k spend requirement for the bonus even if I was approved.  Read a few approvals and declines regarding this card and determined that the odds may not have been in my favor.  Since I am now firmly at 5 cards within 24 months, I will have to wait awhile to app with them now but I think I am pretty satisfied with my Discover approval.  Major milestone!  

I have also decided to SD my Amex Gold because although I have paid the account in full each month, it is still stuck at a $1K CL.  I have requested two increases but both have been denied.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Approval

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 2 of 15
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Thanks!

@Anonymouswrote:

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations A1Credit.  That's huge....especially since your next highest CL was under $4000.  That is, until now!

Very nice!

Message 4 of 15
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Congratulations A1Credit.  That's huge....especially since your next highest CL was under $4000.  That is, until now!

Very nice!

IKR!!! I was in complete and utter shock.  Now I have my over $5K CL when I apply for Chase in a couple of years. LOL

Thanks!!!

Message 5 of 15
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

Congrats A1 on your impressive approval. I too was shocked on my CL for my recent Discover It approval.
Message 6 of 15
A1Credit
Established Contributor

It's always nice to be shocked in a good way, right?! Congrats to you too!  If your signature is any indication, I see you went with red.  I chose the pastel blue.  

@Manonfirewrote:
Congrats A1 on your impressive approval. I too was shocked on my CL for my recent Discover It approval.

Message 7 of 15
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your new Disco card!

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

A1Credit!  My thoughts exactly!

I'm currently at only 2/24.  So, I guess my first app will be discovery.  If that goes well, I'll app for the prequalified CSP!!

Gotta wait to close on my house which was supposed to happen tomorrow, but now I need a survey!  lol.  Gotta love real etate deals!

Good luck to you!

Message 9 of 15
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

Yes I went with the “garnet” color. A buddy of mine has the pastel blue and it does look real sharp. About 3 days after being approved, I called Discover CS since the status page on their website wasn’t showing an update. And the rep was nice enough to offer a second card expedited via FedEx before even receiving my first card. Discover’s customer service reputation definitely holds true.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.