Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Approved. Again.

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Discover IT Approved. Again.

If you know my history then you know I got stuck with a Discover card that started out secured, unsecured 14 months later, but stuck at a perpetual $200 limit until the day I closed it. The very next day after closing it, I got a limit increase to $600. Go figure. 

My UTIL is up and my scores are down and now I started getting mailers from Discover for the first time ever. I have been tossing in the trash because the rate was always over 16% and when I logged in and put in my invitiation code the rate showed up even higher. I got one today in a cool bright lemon lime green color that got my attention. Not only that, but a better rate. 13.99-16.99%. I logged in and put in my info not meaning to really apply but I knew it would not be an issue if I did since the last of my inquirires from my spree 2 years ago are falling off now. 

Well, my days of crying over Discover are over. Got me a brand new lemon lime looking card, 14.4% (My second lowest!), 14 months no interest on BT and a whopping $4500 SL. I am really surprised since my UTIL is about 37% but I will take it. I can certainly put that 0% BT to good use. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Approved. Again.

@MyLoFICO wrote:

If you know my history then you know I got stuck with a Discover card that started out secured, unsecured 14 months later, but stuck at a perpetual $200 limit until the day I closed it. The very next day after closing it, I got a limit increase to $600. Go figure. 

My UTIL is up and my scores are down and now I started getting mailers from Discover for the first time ever. I have been tossing in the trash because the rate was always over 16% and when I logged in and put in my invitiation code the rate showed up even higher. I got one today in a cool bright lemon lime green color that got my attention. Not only that, but a better rate. 13.99-16.99%. I logged in and put in my info not meaning to really apply but I knew it would not be an issue if I did since the last of my inquirires from my spree 2 years ago are falling off now. 

Well, my days of crying over Discover are over. Got me a brand new lemon lime looking card, 14.4% (My second lowest!), 14 months no interest on BT and a whopping $4500 SL. I am really surprised since my UTIL is about 37% but I will take it. I can certainly put that 0% BT to good use. 

Biggest congrats to you, MyLoFICO! Love everything about your newest (and improved) addition to your wallet. APR is just fantastic, and SL is pretty awesome for you, too! Close one door, and an even better one opens! Very happy that it all worked out well for you! Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 17
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

congrats Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations for getting back in with disco and gettinga good APR and SL! Have fun with the card and BT

Message 4 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Awesome job ! Enjoy your second timeSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome approval.......Congrats! Discover is another one that won’t stop laughing at my applications so far. Smiley Tongue 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! My first card was a discover secured card with a $200 limit. It unsecured at 7 months but didn't get a CLI to $900 until a couple days ago(~10 months).

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So could I get the secured card. Use it for 6 months. Close it and apply for a new unsecured account?
Message 8 of 17
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Im glad the relationship is starting off on a better note the second time around....

Im wondering if youll see a little more luv and attention this time around the block....

Was discussing this possibility with someone else on these forums... Do want to see how this plays out...

-J

Message 9 of 17
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Congratulations!  I got that same envelope over the weekend.  I was afraid to even try it becaus their pre-qual offers me 22% and this one had the same range that you had.  I figured it was just a feeler from them.  Maybe in April I'll pull the trigger.  Right now, I'm going to water my new flowers.  Smiley Very Happy

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.