cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT - Approved (EX FICO 694)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT - Approved (EX FICO 694)

Thanks everyone, I'll update when I start canceling the "leech" cards..haha Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I would start with the first premier cards, then the continental, and end with the credit one. I don't know why people hate credit one so much. I get it's normally a regular card with an AF, but the terms aren't outrageous and the fees and APR aren't out of hand for people with bad credit. FP raises your AF after the first year, charges you monthly for account maintenance, occasionally will charge for a CLI, and has an APR in the 30s. But for some reason, people don't get triggered by them like they do for credit one. Lol

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I canceled the Verve card last Thursday... no issue at all with canceling... she just asked why I was closing the account... I told them that the annual fee was coming due the next day, and that there was no need to keep it open anymore.  All they said was "alright, your account is now closed, sir".. I thanked her, and that was it.  It's already showing as a closed, positive tradeline on my report. 

The Discover account just reported today, as well.  That was quick.. I was approved just a little over a week ago! 

I opened an AMEX Green and an AMEX Hilton Ascend back around the last week in April, and neither have reported yet.  Both statements just cut over the last couple days, also.  How long does it take AMEX to show up on reports?  Thanks again everyone!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.