cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Auto CLI after Denied Requested Increase 3 Days Ago

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Discover IT Auto CLI after Denied Requested Increase 3 Days Ago

1300 --> 1850.  Kind of silly to deny a requested increase, waste paper mailing a denial letter, only to auto increase 3 days later. But I'll take it! 

Personal:
Personal:
Business:
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Valued Member

Re: Discover IT Auto CLI after Denied Requested Increase 3 Days Ago

Happened to me exactly the same way... Requested for it, they denied it and after 3-4 days I saw the auto CLI of $400
Message 2 of 13
Frequent Contributor

Hope that happens to me one of these days haha 

Been denied twice since last November on a CLI on my $200 Discover IT Cash Back card.

It was a secured card that went unsecured, the reasoning I get in the letter as "Too short amount of time with current credit line" 

Even though I've had the $200 for 20 months, both secured and unsecured. 

AMEX Gold / Home Depot CC $3K/ Discover IT Chrome $2K SL / PayPal MC $2K /
BOA BankAmericard $2K / BOA Cash Rewards $1000 / Cap One Savor One $1000 / Blaze MC $1500 / Credit One $850 / OpenSky $500 / AvantCard $500 / Discover IT Cash Back (Graduated Secured) $200 CLI to $400 / EBAY MC $300
Jan of 2017 Credit Karma: 404 -SEPT OF 2018: EX 652 EQ 626 TU 604
AUGUST OF 2019 1% UTL - EX 681 EQ 667 TU 659
Total Credit Limit: $16150 -
Goal Score: 675 for all FICOS (ACHIEVED EX)
Message 3 of 13
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on getting a Disco DoDo cliSmiley Happy
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
!
Message 4 of 13
Super Contributor

Congrats! Better than the mailed Insuff... blah blah blah.............Smiley Very Happy

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC at 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game. Pay it Forward!
Message 5 of 13
Senior Contributor

Congrats on rare auto luv CLI !!!!!!

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 6 of 13

Gotta luv computers. Grats OP Smiley Happy
"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 7 of 13
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your AMAZING experience with Discover!

I have hit the LUV button MANY times and I have never received a CLI denial letter followed by an auto CLI.  As a matter of fact, I have only received 1 Discover auto CLI since I apped for the card in April 2018.

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $12.2K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $12.5K | Discover $19K | OpenSky $300 BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) | BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K |
Apple Card MC $6K | NFCU cashRewards $1K
TCL - $117.5K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 8 of 13
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Either way congrats lol

Discover It: 19.7k
Amex BCE: 18k
Citi DC: 5.7k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 9 of 13
Regular Contributor

@Citalix wrote:

1300 --> 1850.  Kind of silly to deny a requested increase, waste paper mailing a denial letter, only to auto increase 3 days later. But I'll take it! 

Wished that happen to me. I sent a CLI 5 days and an agent told me I was denied. The agent said I'll get the denial letter in the mail vs sending it through an email as a pdf???

Is someone trying to kill trees?

Michigan Schools & Gov't Credit Union Classic Visa Card | $3kDiscover Student Cash Back | $2300Capital One Savor Card v1 | $11k AUAmex 1.5% CB | $3.1kBest Buy Store Card | $3k

July 2018
Ford Credit Loan $199.26/month (3 yrs)
January 2019
Discover Cash it Card $500
Michigan Schools and Gov't CU Card $1,000
February 2019
Self Lender Loan (Closed July 2019)
May 2019
Discover CLI $1.2k
July 2019
Discover System CLI $600
Amex $2,000
Best Buy Store Card $3,000
October 2019
MSGCU CLI $2k
Dec 2019
Amex $1,100 CLI

Eyes on Credit Cards
BoA Cash Rewards (with or without Student Verison)Gas Card with 5% Cashback w/ no AF2% Cashback EverythingDining & Entertainment Category Card
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.