Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT CLI - 2 Day Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT CLI - 2 Day Success

I opened my Discover IT card on 4/22/18 after receiving a few of those pretty sparkly mailers. Initially approved for $6,000. I was trying to maximize this quarter's cash back bonus (5% @ grocery stores + cashback match) so I've been using "IT" a lot. After reading the wonderful advice on these boards I saw that Discover was sort-of a mystery in how they operate for SL's and CLI's. I asked for a CLI after each statement cut (month 1, month 2, and month 3). I was denied month 1 and 2 due to insufficient experience. Fast forward to Friday morning, the day after statement 3 cut...I tried for a CLI. To my surprise (my account is still under 90 days old), I was not instantly denied. I received the "Your request is under review" 2 business day notice. Okay, better than NO, right? I checked my account an hour ago and see that I have a new SL: $7,500. Woohoo!  Smiley Happy 

7 REPLIES 7
burntreality
New Contributor

Re: Discover IT CLI - 2 Day Success

Congrats on the CLI.  

Starting score: 513 (Pulled from MyFico)
Current Score: EQ=735 TU=744 EX=746
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice, Congrats!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@I opened my Discover IT card on 4/22/18 after receiving a few of those pretty sparkly mailers. Initially approved for $6,000. I was trying to maximize this quarter's cash back bonus (5% @ grocery stores + cashback match) so I've been using "IT" a lot. After reading the wonderful advice on these boards I saw that Discover was sort-of a mystery in how they operate for SL's and CLI's. I asked for a CLI after each statement cut (month 1, month 2, and month 3). I was denied month 1 and 2 due to insufficient experience. Fast forward to Friday morning, the day after statement 3 cut...I tried for a CLI. To my surprise (my account is still under 90 days old), I was not instantly denied. I received the "Your request is under review" 2 business day notice. Okay, better than NO, right? I checked my account an hour ago and see that I have a new SL: $7,500. Woohoo!  Smiley Happy 

Nice!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 8
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Yeah those 2-day letters have always yielded more positive results than bad! Enjoy your new CL!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 5 of 8
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulation on your CLI!!

March 2024: Experian 762; Equifax 767; Transunion 769

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 04/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (2) Trans: (1) Equif: (1)

Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice jobSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Everyone!

I am tempted to put through another CLI on day 91 or 92, say July 22nd or 23rd, just to see what happens. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.