Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT CLI

tag
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Discover IT CLI

Hit the 91 day mark...  We kind've hesitant since I just got the several INQ's from NFCU during my approval process, but since the account han't posted to my credit reports yet, I figured what the heck?

+$1,000 for my frist CLI.  Used it heavily for three months, then PIF before the closing date and waited until the balance updated on my CR.

Now I will have all my CC debt at 0% AND I can close yet another low-limit card...  I've got a couple of stupidly-obtained Comenity store cards that will go bye bye when they hit 1 year.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Maxi11510
Contributor

Re: Discover IT CLI

Dalmus

Congrats on the Discover cli, I'm still waiting for one and I've learned to not carry a balance so hopefully that increase is in my near future. I plan on closing some of my comenity cards that I haven't used in a year as well. Wishing you the best on your journey.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on a nice Discover CLI, Dalmus! Well done. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
MugenCivicSi83
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Can't wait for my first Disco CLI!

FICO 8 Scores: EX 706 (11/3/2016) EQ 696 (11/17/16) TU 708 (11/17/2016)

"Use your Credit wisely, don't let it use you!"~Me Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 10
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Maxi11510 wrote:

Dalmus

Congrats on the Discover cli, I'm still waiting for one and I've learned to not carry a balance so hopefully that increase is in my near future. I plan on closing some of my comenity cards that I haven't used in a year as well. Wishing you the best on your journey.

In months 1-3, I let about 50% usage post.  I think what they like to see is that DECREASE in average balance right before a CLI request.

I say that that because  I tried last month and my denial reason was "History of increasing balance," instead of "Not enough experience at current credit limit."

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 5 of 10
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

Dalmus...I think you might be on to something there...another member posted something about being declined for CLI because of no balance history...or something to that effect. Oh, if only we knew the algorithms they use...

Congrats!!

Message 6 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dalmus, Congratulations on your CLI!! Looking forward to my first one in the next couple of months! 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 9 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

not a bad CLI for your first! Im stuck on $500/91 day train. Congrats to youSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.