Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT CLI!

Oops...totally missed that you had originally called in for the CLI.  Yeah, when that happens there's no double dip.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you call in to "double dip?"  You might be able to get a bit more from Customer Service.

I called, but the "Double dip" only works for the auto CLI. So what happens is after you receive an auto CLI, you call or go on the app or website to request another. 

Message 11 of 13
joltdude
Senior Contributor

It might be a change in Discover policy

It *used* to be that even on customer-initiated CLIs you *sometimes* could Double Dip.... 

As of late.. it seems to be only auto-clis .

Know in the past folks have had decent luck getting a double dip even if they initiated the CLI..... Not so much as of late......

Still .. Congratulations.... and as AJC said, at least its not an SJS or an AJC special... As of late ...for many folks (there are exceptions of course) are still getting the booby prize CLIs (300 and 500).....

As to when to go for a CLI.. I also think one should try waiting it out for the first CLI... Sometimes theres an auto a few days after the third statement... Explanation i got at one point is.. Discover does like to "get to know you" a bit....  Yes you can try anytime pretty much. but think if they dont show you an auto CLI,,, three months before the first one isnt a long wait...  Also not a big fan of the Not Enough Exp letters .. waste of paper ...But also on that the general credit climate has changed... And discover is known for being unpredictable...

You could hulksmash it weekly if you wanted but i dont think that really is productive since they SP you monthly for your score.... Youll figure out the date they pull is not the date it posts too.... you want them to pull it before requesting...

-J

-J

-J

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI, OP!
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.