Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Cash Back Approval

Congrats on approval
Message 12 of 17
jl4
Established Contributor

So I spoke with someone at Discover just a bit ago about combining the cards. This might already be common knowledge but she said that in order to combine my existing 3-year old Chrome card with my It Cash Back card (Chrome limit added to IT Cash Back, close Chrome), the IT Cash Board card has to be open for 3 months. This is the minimum threshold for CLI requests on new cards, not anything special. On October 1st, I can call in and ask for them to combine the cards and if I'm approved for a CLI request, they'll do the magic. 

I thought the CLI request had to be on the old card for some silly reason so in other news, my Chrome CL is +$500 🙈

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats!!! What credit bureau was pulled?

TU 08

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
First, much congrats on the approval!! Next, if you've had your Chrome card for a year, then in order to combine them, you need to have a CLI available online. Im sure that the 2-day message won't qualify that. Historically, the 2-day message could render a CLI by manual review, but as of late, its been hit and miss for folks.

My suggestion would be to keep both cards until you have a CLI available online on your Chrome card, (not by MR), then call the back door #, and ask to combine your limits, and close out Chrome. They will not only combine the two, but they will also give you the CLI as well.

Easier said than done.. One must be able to get the sometimes elusive CLI to pop-up ...

Would you mind explaining this comment? I'm logged in to theAccount Center Home and under: Manage/Credit Options is a functioning line for Credit Line Increase (just below "Cash Access") -- are you suggesting this line appears/disappears? Thanks.

Message 15 of 17
jl4
Established Contributor

I guess it can disappear from time to time? I've never seen it do that, though. 

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jl4 wrote:

I guess it can disappear from time to time? 

It seems to me that is exactly what CC is suggesting which is why I asked for further clarification. (So very much to learn. sigh)

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.