Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Chrome Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT Chrome Approval

So recently I came to the forums to ask for advice. I received a lot of good input, and was advised to hold off on pulling the trigger on an offer until the majority of my balances dropped to below 27%. Well, I gave it some time to update my payments, went on my Discover app, and requested a CLI on my IT card. $300 immediate up to $1500, nothing impressive, but I'm glad they like me again. Went on the site, ran a pre-approval, and it seemed to approve me for the student card (I'm a 22 year-old single man,) complete with 10.99% APR for 6 months. I thought to myself, "well, that won't do," and went to the home page and applied for the IT card with the 0% balance transfer for 14 months, I believe. About two anxiety-ridden minutes later, instant approval for a $4500 SL! My highest non-store card is that now $1500 IT, and they quadrupled my total credit! I recently received a substantial increase from Synchrony on my Synchrony Home card I bought my mattress with a year ago, and uti there is now about $350/$5000, increased limit from $570. My utilizations across accounts is about 26%, with one card maintaining the bulk of that, my CapOne Quicksilver at $2100/$3500 (that is not available to use.) 4 inquiries, AAoA is 3 years 3 months, most recent is 1 year (CapOne Auto Loan,) 100% payment history, 1 baddie ($3k medical collection unpaid from three years ago.) I am absolutely ecstatic I get to transfer balances, and even more thrilled to build a relationship with Discover, as in recent past they've been the best to me.

667TU/669EQ/681EX at time of application. Received a notification from the Experian app immediately of the inquiry, dropped it to 676, so I know at the very least they pulled Ex if not others.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT Chrome Approval

Congrats! When I got my Discover It card they only pulled Experian. I love my It card! My wife and have funneled all monthly expenses through it (except stuff you can’t like the mortgage and car payments) and pay it off before the 20th of the month to carry no balance and are on pace to earn $1300+ cash back for the first year since they match every dollar you earn for the first year. This quarter’s 5% category (which will be 10% when they match it) is Amazon, Walmart.com, and Target, so that’s where everybody is getting Christmas gifts from this year! 😂
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! That is an impressive starting limit, congrats! Enjoy the card, I love their first-year match.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appreciate the congrats! I actually ended up getting an itchy trigger finger. I was a bit embolstered with confidence after the approval, and exceedingly happy to have been offered $4800 total from Discover. Due to that, I started thinking maybe my profile is looking a bit better than I anticipated based on the score. So I went and applied for another card I've been wanting ever since I started building my credit back up - the Paypal Cashback. Being that I already have a relationship with Synchrony and a fairly high limit, and with 2% cashback on everything and the confidence from having been aporoved for much more than I expected - I went for it. Looks like they pulled TransUnion, score dropped down to 664 as my apps sent me notifications - instant $4,000 approval! I'd say it's time to call it a night...and get back in the garden so I can get more as the previous inquiries drop off in the next year. Anyways, I had $12k limits and ~26% utilization waking up this morning, and I'll be going to sleep with $21k and ~15% utilization. 0% on the balance I'll transfer off the Quicksilver and 2% cashback on the new daily use card! I'd say it's a successful use of two HP's.
Message 4 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your new Chrome card !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 13
JNA1
Valued Contributor

That’s awesome! In my experience, Sync is very good with giving CLI’s, and they’ve always been SP’s for me so far (although I got a $4400 CLI from them today that might end up being a HP - I hope not, but we’ll see!)
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, if it helps any, I was decreased to $570 when I had half the purchase down. Uti went up to 90% for a time. I paid a ton of debt down, went from ~60% utilization to ~35-40%, went in the app and requested a CLI to $1500. Instant approval, thought, "well that was easy," went back in and requested $5000. Again, instant approval. Every other app I've done I get an immediate notification from one of the seven apps I have in my phone monitoring my credit, it was about a month ago, and still nothing. Synchrony soft pulls CLI requests in my experience.
Message 7 of 13
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Great SL!  Yep, looks like they are liking you, congrats and on the other approval too.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your increase and approvals!!
Message 9 of 13
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Chrome addition @Coryj1220! When I was your age I had already burned my profile straight to H*** Smiley LOL You're on the right path! 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.