Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT. First unsecured card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT. First unsecured card

I have two secured cards since October one for 2000 BOA and a 1000 Capital One.... I have a car loan that had a bunch of Lates 4 years ago a student loan that's current no lates and a furniture loan that's current no lates. EVERYDAY in the mail I would get a per approval for Discover IT card I figured what the heck. I applied and got an instant approval for $7500 !!!!!! I am so excited!!! Next step is to buy a car. EX 663. Tu 669 EQ 659
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover IT. First unsecured card

Congrats! Nice limit too, should open up some doors for you CLI wise. I am fighting the urge to apply for it myself. Argh..

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 2 of 18
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

I'm right there with you jb, seeing all of these limits with the Discover IT is really making me itch for this card. If seems as if they are doubling everyone else's highest limit, which would mean a double digit limit for me. But of course, there's no guarantee, thats just what it looks like is happening. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 3 of 18
babymixer
Regular Contributor

thats fantastic!  great limit... Congrats and enjoy your new card.  I'm new to Discover and have been loving it the most.  Great cashback programs through their online shopping portals.

cc's copy
Message 4 of 18
eviLution
Established Contributor

I had a DCU Visa with a limit of $1,500 and Discover only gave me $1,250 when I applied in January. T_T

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was back and forth and so glad I did.
It was a great feeling knowing that my hard work paid off I googled it and
Looked at who gave me credit and they seem to be approving a lot of people with less than perfect credit. And the rewards are good too Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 18
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

Congratulations!

I'm right there with you jb, seeing all of these limits with the Discover IT is really making me itch for this card. If seems as if they are doubling everyone else's highest limit, which would mean a double digit limit for me. But of course, there's no guarantee, thats just what it looks like is happening. 

Sorry to do this OP...

/Threadjack

After reading a handful of these threads about the Discover It today, I went ahead and applied. Instant Approved for $9,500! Welcome to Discover! This is my second highest limit (highest being NFCU at $25,000), and feels really good. Anyone else on the fence, evaluate your situation and go for it if you feel you might have a chance. Now I feel like I should go ahead and apply for AmEx BCE and Chase Sapphire Preferred, but I will try and hold out for a few months. Back to the garden...

/End Threadjack.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 7 of 18
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@_jb_ wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

Congratulations!

Sorry to do this OP...

/Threadjack

After reading a handful of these threads about the Discover It today, I went ahead and applied. Instant Approved for $9,500! Welcome to Discover! This is my second highest limit (highest being NFCU at $25,000), and feels really good. Anyone else on the fence, evaluate your situation and go for it if you feel you might have a chance. Now I feel like I should go ahead and apply for AmEx BCE and Chase Sapphire Preferred, but I will try and hold out for a few months. Back to the garden...

/End Threadjack.

/Continue Threadjack

Congrats, jb. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 8 of 18
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

Congrats to the OP!! Great Limit!  They gave me a 6k limit when my prior highest was 1k.

I also agree with Babymixer, the online shopping portals are pretty awesome.

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 9 of 18
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Nice starting limit! Congrats!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.