cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Harrowing Approval $4,000

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Discover IT Harrowing Approval $4,000

[THIRD EDIT: 6 days after I applied, I got my first email from Discover in the morning and the card was waiting for me when I got home! YAY! See this post for what it looks like.

FOURTH EDIT: I charged something on the card the same day I received it (02/20). On 02/29 I received a myFICO alert to a new account showing at Experian - this Discover IT card.

Not the color I chose - this is probably just the standard issue background image.Not the color I chose - this is probably just the standard issue background image.

/EDIT]

Shortly after this AMEX BCE app, I applied for the Discover IT card. It was not an instant approval like that one, and I only found out I was approved 12 hours later by going to Discover's 'Check Status' page.

discover-approved.png

I would like to thank and blame sour amarettos, myFICO forums, and of course, @Birdman7 who provided emotional support during this difficult time.

I cold-apped on Discover's site around 3-4am. It was not an instant approval - I got the '5-7 day' message. I had just been approved for the AMEX BCE which also pulled EX, so I thought maybe I pushed it too far trying to get my 4th card with only 1yr 2mos revolving history.

I was 3 for 3 up to this point with instant approvals, so this kinda got me down. About an hour went by and I didn't receive an alert from Experian that Discover had pulled my report. This came quickly with the AMEX app - within minutes.

2 hours after the app I get the alert that Discover pulled my report. Still no email though. Another couple hours, still no email....

[FIRST EDIT: 4 days in - nothing.] I'm thinking all the usual worst things and decided to forget about it and be happy with my new $25,000 total credit limit across 3 cards.

So, yeah, that can happen with Discover and apparently it happens quite a lot. Many people report that they got an error page after trying the prequal - so did I. Just don't assume the worst.

• I had 2 cards showing at time of appproval and both were at 9% utilization. [Aggregate 9%, $1,214.99 of $13,500 TCL]
  • 1 INQ at EX from the AMEX app. EQ/TU have no scorable INQ's.
  • Discover pulled EX and 2 hours later the free (Basic) Experian credit monitoring reported the inquiry along with an EX 8 score drop from 732 to 724, or -8pts. (2 new cards today cost me -11pts total in INQ penalties.)
  • AoOA 2yr 2mo
  • AAoA 1yr 6mo
  • AoYA 1yr 2mo
Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Discover IT Harrowing Approval $4,000

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 76
Highlighted

Sweet, grats and welcome to the Discover family Smiley Happy
"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 3 of 76
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Congrats, Cassie! 

Chase Sapphire Reserve 18.5k
Chase Freedom Unlimited 11.7k
American Express Bonvoy Brilliant 15k
Barclays Aviator Red 4k
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select 12k
Amazon Store Card 10k

Fico 8s as of 03/18/2020:

Message 4 of 76
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

Feb 2020

AAoA - 7 months
Message 5 of 76
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! 👍

My Cards:

Profile Type: New, Thin, 100% Clean
INQ's: EQ: 0 TU: 1 EX: 2 (last 12 mo.)
Recent Accounts: 4 (last 24 mo.)
Total CL: 24.95k Util. 1% AAoA: 2 yrs, 1 mo.
AoOA: 2 yrs, 7 mo. AoYA: 0 mo. 100% PIF.

myFICO Member since: July 21, 2018 | Joined Community: Aug. 17, 2018 | Starting Scores: EQ: 716 TU: 738 EX: 698

Message 6 of 76
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Yup I figured you were gonna get the approval. Grats!

Use it like you stole it for that 2% cash back after match! Smiley Wink

01/2019:
03/2020:

Closed: CareCredit $10K, B&H Payboo $7500
Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 7 of 76
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 8 of 76
Highlighted
Valued Member

Congrats! I want this card so bad.

March 2020
Message 9 of 76
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@capableflower wrote:

Congrats! I want this card so bad.

Don't worry, @AllZero  will be along to talk you into it 😂

Message 10 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.