Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Miles- Big SL

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT Miles

Big congrats donny10! Nice approval. I am considering the same exact thing closing my IT and reapping for another card but every time I'm set to close it I recieve a small bump to keep it going.. Talk about bait and switch.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_endurance wrote:

Big congrats donny10! Nice approval. I am considering the same exact thing closing my IT and reapping for another card but every time I'm set to close it I recieve a small bump to keep it going.. Talk about bait and switch.

I agree. Last year I was initially approved for the Discover IT at $2500. Got it up to $3500 in 9 months. I closed it with a bunch of other cards. I kind of regretted closing Discover in particular. I applied for it again six months ago and instantly declined.

I don't know why they all the sudden have a huge change of heart. It's weird how credit operates.

Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Donny10. That's a hell of a SL. And a great APR. I think you made them jealous since the break up. 🍾🎉🎊🎈🐬

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Donny10. That's a hell of a SL. And a great APR. I think you made them jealous since the break up. 🍾🎉🎊🎈🐬

Lol!!!

Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Miles- Big SL

Congratulations donny, great sl. Dv
Message 15 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats extremely impressive CL for this card... What apr did you get the best as well?  I was initially approved for this card with a lol 1k SL,(granted a bit higher now),  but the BEST apr they offered at 11.x%..  Discover still will never make sense to me Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats extremely impressive CL for this card... What apr did you get the best as well?  I was initially approved for this card with a lol 1k SL,(granted a bit higher now),  but the BEST apr they offered at 11.x%..  Discover still will never make sense to me Smiley Happy

Thanks CC, I got 11.99%. Very unlikely I will carry a balance. I may put a small BT on it just to keep it active. 

Message 17 of 31
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Well done, great SL!!  Congrats

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 18 of 31
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

$20,000 !!! Huge!

Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.