Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Pre-approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Pre-approval

I would aim for his FICO scores..... Disco will provide TU for cardholders and Experian for Scorecard users.  Only way to get EQ is here or Experian.com for $1 trial where you get all 3 on the same page.

Not knowing what cards he presently has and the actual FICO numbers makes any recomendation hard.

Message 11 of 18
TimeLBK
Regular Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:
Best buy is Citi, they tend to be more selective than discover.

And it's hard to base the approval odds with CK scores.

Wow! I thought Discover was a hard one to get. I actually got a Best Buy Visa a few years ago, but never could get a Discover.

Discover IT: $0/$200
Message 12 of 18
TimeLBK
Regular Contributor

I just entered his info in my info page, so it is listed now.

@Anonymous wrote:

I would aim for his FICO scores..... Disco will provide TU for cardholders and Experian for Scorecard users.  Only way to get EQ is here or Experian.com for $1 trial where you get all 3 on the same page.

Not knowing what cards he presently has and the actual FICO numbers makes any recomendation hard.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TimeLBK wrote:

Dad's Info: Credit Karma-Transunion 651; Equifax 656
Capital One QS: $376/$500
Discover IT: $111/$1,250
HSN: $509/$2,000
US Bank: $386/$500

Once again we need FICO info.  CK info is good for monitoring but not much else as the scores can vary up to 100 points from a FICO.

First thing I would do to optimize thnigs is get the balances down to $0 except on Cap1 or Disco.  Let a $5 balance report each month for maximum effect.

Depending on how recent the accounts were opened determines the next course of action for an approval.  Typically thin files benefit from at least a year between apps so things age and look better.

He's getting points taken off for having a balance on all 4 cards.  There's a threshold for # of cards w/ a balance for scoring.  50% less tham optimal, 25% being a little better, and 1 card is always the best.  Keeping the UTIL down is a big factor as well and Cap1 is in the worst catefory at 70%+ right now.  

As to getting a BB card.... I wouldn't recomend it in the next 12 months and for sure not with the current balances.

Message 14 of 18
TimeLBK
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TimeLBK wrote:

Dad's Info: Credit Karma-Transunion 651; Equifax 656
Capital One QS: $376/$500
Discover IT: $111/$1,250
HSN: $509/$2,000
US Bank: $386/$500

Once again we need FICO info.  CK info is good for monitoring but not much else as the scores can vary up to 100 points from a FICO.

First thing I would do to optimize thnigs is get the balances down to $0 except on Cap1 or Disco.  Let a $5 balance report each month for maximum effect.

Depending on how recent the accounts were opened determines the next course of action for an approval.  Typically thin files benefit from at least a year between apps so things age and look better.

He's getting points taken off for having a balance on all 4 cards.  There's a threshold for # of cards w/ a balance for scoring.  50% less tham optimal, 25% being a little better, and 1 card is always the best.  Keeping the UTIL down is a big factor as well and Cap1 is in the worst catefory at 70%+ right now.  

As to getting a BB card.... I wouldn't recomend it in the next 12 months and for sure not with the current balances.

Still awaiting for FICO with Discover..not showing yet.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

go to www.eperian.com and you can sign up for a free account that gives you an EX FICO for free.

you can also pay $1 for a trial that gets you all 3 Fico scores and full reports.

Message 16 of 18
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Great way to start your dad's build/rebuild. 

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 17 of 18
TimeLBK
Regular Contributor

I got his FICO 8 Experian. It is 627. Updated in my info.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.