Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Prequal Saga...

tag
Noneed2nv
Regular Contributor

Discover IT Prequal Saga...

Two weeks ago I checked the Discover prequal site and was turned away with no offers (not even a secured card).  Big boot..soft behind.  Since then, I tried several times including after getting approved for other cards like AMEX and BOA.  Each time I receive the unfortunately, we are unable to offer.. blah blah blah.  Today, I tried once again and this time I get an offer!  Its the IT card with the APR range and I am happy to see something other than unfortunately.  Delighted for anything, I apply and then I see the dreaded, Unfortunately we are .... NOOO, Discover, not again!   But wait; this was a little different.  I looked closer and it read "We couldn't approve you for the original terms BUT here are the new terms."   Now there's one APR, albeit a high 23.99%, and they removed the introductory 0%.  But its not the secured card.  Hmmm.  Ok.  I'll take it to get in the Disco family.  Continued the app and was approved for $1800.  Don't like the APR one bit, but I'm still excited.  I feel like I accomplished something, lol.

My credit app spree is over (4 cards 2 weeks) and into the garden I go unless it's for cli.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Prequal Saga...

congrats on the approval!

Message 2 of 6
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, I love my IT. What is your AAoA?
Message 4 of 6
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

Glad to hear you got in. I had the same thing happen to me two years ago and it did grow but VERY slowly. I eventually got approved for another one with a much higher limit and merged the two to my new card. Essentially it’s a “starter” card but like I said it’ll grow and you can get another one after a year and just merge it to make one big card.
Message 5 of 6
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.