Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Recon Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT Recon Success

Called today for a recon on the Discover IT Card I had been denied on. Since applying, I had successfully removed two lates from my credit report. When I stated that this was the reason for the recon, she said she would need to do another HP, but was hesitant to do so because the CBs may not have updated their files yet. So, I logged into my Equifax account while she was holding and confirmed that they had been removed and that she should do another HP. She then actually asked me which CB she would like me to pull (Experian had yet to be updated) and I asked her if she could pull EQ. About a minute later she came back and told me that I was approved for $6500SL and that my card would be in the mail in 3-5 days!

I've never had an account with Discover, but judging by my customer service experience, I'm eager to start a relationship with them.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Recon Success

Well done, congrats on your success !
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you on getting in with Discover!  You're really going to love this card - and you've got a very nice SL to do a lot with it!  Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

She actually asked you what bureau you would like her to pull? This is why Discover will always have a place in my wallet! Generous credit lines, and superior customer service! Congrats on your approval!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Discover and nice SL! I love hearing about how good their customer service is. I haven't had a reason to contact them, but it is reassuring to know that they're tops!

Message 5 of 7
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know, I was completely blown away. And she held on the line for nearly five minutes while I checked which bureaus had been updated correctly.

@Anonymous wrote:
She actually asked you what bureau you would like her to pull? This is why Discover will always have a place in my wallet! Generous credit lines, and superior customer service! Congrats on your approval!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.