cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Student CLI

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Valued Member

Discover IT Student CLI

I have had this card for 4 months, since the beginning of January of this year. It was my first credit card.

For 4 months I could not make Discover budge on the $1,000 limit.

Today I pressed the CLI button on their website and was offered a $1,000 increase for a total of $2,000. 😊

I typically put a large balance on it around $600. Then, paid it off before the statement closing date to under 10% utilization.

IT/Cybersecurity College Student
Discover It Student - $5,650 (Jan 2019)BOA Cash Rewards Student MC World - $2,200 (Mar 2019)Amex BCE - $12,300 (May 2019)Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Sig - $3,200 (Aug 2019)Chase Freedom Visa - $3,400 (Nov 2019)Citi Double Cash MC World Elite - $2,900 (Nov 2019)USBank Cash+ Visa Sig - $5,000 (Dec 2019)
As of 01/11/20
EQ FICO8: 714
EX FICO8: 717
TU FICO8: 739
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover IT Student CLI

ymoneyman great credit line increase! You have caught Discover's eye ...

Starting Score: 300
Current Score: 850
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 13
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy nice cliSmiley Happy
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
!
Message 3 of 13
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Congrats on a 100% CLI! Disco will be good to you—have no fear! 

Discover It: 19.7k
Amex BCE: 18k
Citi DC: 5.7k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 4 of 13
New Contributor

Congrats! That's a 2x increase, not too shabby. Some people have more luck than others from Disco. Hopefully after my third statement cycle I can get some good luck too Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 13
Frequent Contributor

@ymoneyman wrote:

I have had this card for 4 months, since the beginning of January of this year. It was my first credit card.

For 4 months I could not make Discover budge on the $1,000 limit.

Today I pressed the CLI button on their website and was offered a $1,000 increase for a total of $2,000. 😊

I typically put a large balance on it around $600. Then, paid it off before the statement closing date to under 10% utilization.

Congrats on the 2x CLI! I'm not sure if this also applies to the Student variant, but once you've been approved for a CLI on the Discover it, you can call them asking for even more of a CLI (a.k.a. double dip/dd) with a soft pull as long as you do it on the same day. Worst they can do is say no! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
Super Contributor

That is a Nice CLISmiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
Valued Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your 2X Disco CLI and Thanks for the DPs!!!

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $12.2K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $14K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Discover IT $19K | OpenSky $300 | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) |
BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K | Apple Card WEMC $6K | NFCU cashRewards $3K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25K
Macy's AMEX $1K | PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7,500

TCL - $166.5K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 8 of 13
Senior Contributor

Congrats on doubling your limit!

Message 9 of 13
Super Contributor

Reporting 60% against your limit and paying in full cycle after cycle should be more than enough reason for any lender to provide a nice CLI... usually something that Discover would ignore, but I'm glad it worked for you!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.