Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Student CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT Student CLI

I have had this card for 4 months, since the beginning of January of this year. It was my first credit card.

For 4 months I could not make Discover budge on the $1,000 limit.

Today I pressed the CLI button on their website and was offered a $1,000 increase for a total of $2,000. 😊

I typically put a large balance on it around $600. Then, paid it off before the statement closing date to under 10% utilization.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Student CLI

ymoneyman great credit line increase! You have caught Discover's eye ...

Message 2 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy nice cliSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 13
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats on a 100% CLI! Disco will be good to you—have no fear! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's a 2x increase, not too shabby. Some people have more luck than others from Disco. Hopefully after my third statement cycle I can get some good luck too Smiley LOL
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had this card for 4 months, since the beginning of January of this year. It was my first credit card.

For 4 months I could not make Discover budge on the $1,000 limit.

Today I pressed the CLI button on their website and was offered a $1,000 increase for a total of $2,000. 😊

I typically put a large balance on it around $600. Then, paid it off before the statement closing date to under 10% utilization.

Congrats on the 2x CLI! I'm not sure if this also applies to the Student variant, but once you've been approved for a CLI on the Discover it, you can call them asking for even more of a CLI (a.k.a. double dip/dd) with a soft pull as long as you do it on the same day. Worst they can do is say no! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

That is a Nice CLISmiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your 2X Disco CLI and Thanks for the DPs!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 8 of 13
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Congrats on doubling your limit!

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting 60% against your limit and paying in full cycle after cycle should be more than enough reason for any lender to provide a nice CLI... usually something that Discover would ignore, but I'm glad it worked for you!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.