cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Student Cash Back approved- no further communication from Discover, now what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT Student Cash Back approved- no further communication from Discover, now what?

I applied late Monday night (June 11th), and they asked for me to upload verification documents in which I uploaded my class schedule (much better handled than cap1 did)

They said that I should hear back within a day or two for approval, unless I called them on the phone number listed on the page to see if I could get a response today.

The very nice lady  on the phone approved me and told me I should recieve my card within 5-7 days. (is it really that quick?)

I haven't gotten any email or further communication from them, will it be like this until account activation upon card recieved?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Student Cash Back approved- no further communication from Discover, now what?

Whoops, I'll include more information.

TU Vantage score 669, I have had cap1 secured 200cl card in which I put $49 down for 2months which I recieved 1mo after my 18th and have kept it under 30% util. and paid off as soon as balance posted. 

Message 2 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover IT Student Cash Back approved- no further communication from Discover, now what?

Use this will tell you status and limit.. Congrats

https://www.discovercard.com/application/checkStatus

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! they approved me last year for $400 without a hard pull as a grad student...didn't even ask for anything school related. If it's like my experience, that quickly went up to $2200, but mine's stalled for about 6 months. It was really inconvenient with that limit, but I put all my spend on it for the double-cashback bonus and paid multiple times a month, and got a few great Discover Deals out of it.

Message 4 of 5
Matt9543
Established Contributor

I'm assuming you've possibly gotten your card already, congrats! I believe I received mine 4 days after getting the approval notice. It was very quick.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.