Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT and Sears Approvals

tag
moreFICOplease
Valued Member

Discover IT and Sears Approvals

I just wanted to share with everyone my approvals. I ready this board a lot over the last several years and appreciate the words of wisdom.

What product did you get?

1. Discover IT. I had received a pre-approval in the mail. I tried applying via mobile and it didn't go through. I applied online and was approved for $5,500. I think I got the 19.99 - 24.99% card. I'll get the details in the mail. I had a weird thing happen. After the app didn't go through I was sent to a page to apply for the IT card with a lower rate based on my info. I got the same message but wasn't able to get back to that page.
  2. Sears Card, not the Mastercard. I thought I would have a better chance with the Sears because I burned Citi in my BK. I was approved for $2,000. I wanted a mattress and will pay cash for a portion of it and the rest on the approved 0% financing for either 12 or 18 months.

What CRs were pulled?  Not sure yet, I just applied.

What is your FICO score (if known)?  My scores are in the mid to upper 600s the last time I checked. If anyone knows which FICOs are used (Score 8, Bankcard Score 8?) I can update.

Are you willing to share any other info about your credit profile (UTIL, income, "baddies", etc).   Bankruptcy Ch 7 discharged in 07.08.14 and Citi was included. I was an AU with Discover which was also included in the BK. No baddies after BK. Just closed on a home on 7/14/17. My TU has about 23 inquiries and EQ has about 13. Experian is probably similar to EQ - haven't check that one in a while.

What made you consider this product?  I heard great things about Discover and thought it would be a good card to have as I am planning to ask Cap 1 about combining my two cards to get rid of the annual fee.

I know Sears is having troubles but they have a pretty good sale going on right now and thought I'd take a chance. I just paid cash for a washer and dryer yesterday and really needed a new mattress so thought why not? From all that I've read I for sure thought I would get denied. I had to call in and verify my name and last four of social.

7/10/08 EQ: 629 TU: 641 EX: 644 8/26/08 EX: 595 9/26/08 EQ: 622 TU: 631
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT and Sears Approvals

Congrats on both your approvals! 

Message 2 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice pick upsSmiley Happy. Enjoy the new mattressSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on both cards!  I'm also glad to see one was due to a purchase you already had in mind, I just like story of immediate practical uses.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.