Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT approval, had to jump through an ID-verification hoop

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT approval, had to jump through an ID-verification hoop

As noted in Credit Card Applications, I took the chance on a new Discover IT card app this morning. I had to provide some additional ID proof, Discover asked for driver's license (address proof) and proof of Social Security number - I was able to provide a scan of my driver's license but my SS card was at home and I sent a secure message offering to send them my most recent paystub (from the Federal Government) which has the SSN instead. So I got a call from Discover about half an hour ago, returned the call via captioned telephone (I'm hearing-impaired), the CSR asked for a couple of verification things (not the SSN, oddly enough - she asked me to name another issuer I have a card with), sent me a passcode via my smartphone, and just like that, got approved for $5K SL. Hopefully this will grow faster and more effectively than my first Discover IT (which I'm going to look at combining with the new one in a few months, if that's a thing with Discover cards).

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover IT approval, had to jump through an ID-verification hoop

Congrats Joe, youve come along way from 8185Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT approval, had to jump through an ID-verification hoop

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:
Congrats Joe, youve come along way from 8185Smiley Wink

Thanks! Once the new card has time to age and I've used the double-cash-back rewards (which are coming up next month) on the first card, I'm going to look at combining the two; I think the new card has to age at least 3 months and the older card has to have a zero balance (like Cap 1 cards).

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.