Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT approval

I started rebuilding last summer I have the crappy starter cards two cap one $500 limits credit one and continental finance $500.. since then I also got four synchrony backed store cards two now have $3500 limits starting from $1500 and then Lowe’s only gave me $300 just last week lol... I have three car loans on my report one will be paid off this month after six years never late and the other two are newer but have excellent payment history on those accounts and my cards from this past year.. most of
My cards are at zero balance..or at 30% util..... I have MANY derogs including an eight year old bankruptcy, six unpaid collections totaling about $3500 which are from around 2013-14.. and I have about 40 INQ on experian the last two years ...my EQ and TU are frozen... discover called after I applied and told me they couldn’t pull my EQ I said it’s frozen my experian is not tho ( my score today is a 662 fico 8.. ) she said no problem to pulling a different bureau.. came back and despite all the derogs new accounts and inquiries they approved me for $3,000... I was shocked and pretty happy bc a year ago all I could get was the subprime cards and now things are improving... so discover is apparently BK friendly, doesn’t care about many new accounts nor inquiries either 😀
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT approval

Congrats.  My credit isn't the best either and I just app'd with Discover this past weekend.  A few years ago they denied me.  They approved me this time, only for $500 (which is weird bc I have 3 other cards  with limits of $2500, $3500, and $7250).  

But we're in! I really hope I'll love Discover and they'll let me grow with them. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too I plan on making this my primary card so hopefully in another six months my limit can double .... I’m done applying for stuff now that I got a prime card .. citi chase and Amex were all IIB years ago so I don’t suspect I will ever get back in with them but whatever I will keep cap one around bc they have always been fair with me despite my horrible prior history with them years ago ! Congrats on your new card too 😀
Message 3 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Congrats. Everyone always likes to call the disco and cap1 secured cards crap, but they're meant to be stepping stones, and it appears they did their job just fine. I hate their rules, but I'll always be thankful they exist so I don't have to use credit one or first premier. Lol

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks and yes I just get angry because of all the subprime card fees but it is worth it because now in less than a year I can do much better ... I will probably close my credit one and surge mastercards at a year the cap ones I will keep open.. cap one pre approved me for a $35000 car loan today I guess they think I’m in need of a fourth auto loan lol
Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great job. Discover tends to favor thin profiles or those fresh out of bk. Enjoy a great cardSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are your data points on this approval? 

Congrats to you and OP as well.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. To both of youSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.