Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT auto CLI - woo woo!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT auto CLI - woo woo!

I got an email late last week notifying me Discover had upped my limit by $1,500 from it's starting limit of $4,000 to 5,500 automatically due to "your overall excellent credit management ", which is honestly a little hilarious, as the card got mostly maxed during a financial difficulty in 2015 and I've been slowing paying it down (doing snowball effect debt pay off.. small debts then larger, this is a larger one).

Anyhow..I knew from reading the forums that I could try to double dip with the luv button, so I did.. got the 2 day message. Waited until yesterday because I had no notifications nor any account changes and hit the luv button again..got the 7-10 day denial message. I'll see what the letter says when it gets here, probably something generic. But honestly I'm just super excited that this is now my highest non-store card limit, and that it helps bring down my utilization a bit with there still being a balance on the card.

So last week was a good week for me on CLI apparently with this and Kohls! :-D

Data points -

Card open since 2014

Starting limit $4,000

No CLI in 3 years (probably due to the high balance)

Auto increase to $5,500

Tried double dip online, 2 day message, then denial.

Current score - 650ish

Hope this info is useful to someone! I really thought I wouldn't get an increase from Discover, well at least not until the card was paid down to $0.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover IT auto CLI - woo woo!

Congrats on the increase!

Hope the double dip works out for you Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Disco CLI. Auto love is great love
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your auto luv

Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sweet auto love , looks like they gave you 3 of us Discolites normal 500 bumps to teach us lessons , though on what well never knowSmiley Wink. ENJOYSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Sweet auto love , looks like they gave you 3 of us Discolites normal 500 bumps to teach us lessons , though on what well never knowSmiley Wink. ENJOYSmiley Happy

haha! I have no idea, it's weird considering what I've seen others saying about Discover and CLI's on here especially this year. I rarely have gotten an auto increase on any card and my credit profile is 7 years old.. Target Redcard is I think perhaps one of the only ones who has given me auto luv before. Thank you!! I am hoping I can grow it even further once the balance is paid down.

Message 6 of 9
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Target is the only creditor I have ever received an auto CLI on as well.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah.. it's definitely a rare occurrence! 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your Discover auto CLI! 👍
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.