Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT

tag
Gatito
Contributor

Discover IT

So when I started on the forums I had high 500s first premier credit cards hating what I had done to myself. I've always wanted the chase freedom and discover IT when it came out because of the 5% rotating categories. I know stupid right? Well anyways working myself to a capital one 500$ limit to now it growing to 4950 and being able to get a marvel at 6000 and other bank cards I've never had the experience to have a auto approval until now... Discover sent me 2 letters in the mail nice glossy outside envelope (maroon color I think). The first time I said no it's just a letter they send to everyone and it was hard but I didn't app. I grew my jcrew to 4300 from 200 and I paid off 3 credit cards one 3000 (hccredit) one 2000 (cefcu) and another 2000 (barclay rewards, which now is 3350) and usbank platinum at 2000, my only card now is my capital one with a high limit of 4000 (yes, im working on it), I also added stanford credit union to my wallet little 1500 but I use it heavily and pay it off. I got another letter yesterday, I was going crazy.... I NEED that Discover, I would sit in the dining table staring at this envelope I quickly got the laptop and opened up the web browser and thought about it. Then I said F it, if they say no they say no... but... I need to find out. I apped I waiting for the 7-10 day message (Discover denied me at least 3 months ago for this card, I knew what was coming). Then.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I've been approved!!!! I fell off my chair. OK, now comes time to grow this card because surely they are giving me 500 bucks or something. NOPE! 6500!!!! WOW!!! Decent starting limit at least for me and now all I can do is my best to grow it to 20K! Smiley Happy!!!!! I think I'm doing good folks!

creditwise: 681

CK: TU 681 EX 681

Barclay FICO: 706

1 30 day late in 2012 usbank

old auto loan has been settled but hasn't updated the loan was from 2009 closed 2011

macys reporting negatively for 520 opened 2007 closed 2008 disputed but macys gave CRA wrong last payment date for it to be removed re-disputed per transunion

student loan mishaps in 2012

income: 90K

housing payment: 0

hope this helps others.

7 REPLIES 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover IT

Congrats! on a really nice first time Discovr limit with your approval!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Nice inspiration to myself and others waiting on that shiny envelope Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gatito wrote:

So when I started on the forums I had high 500s first premier credit cards hating what I had done to myself. I've always wanted the chase freedom and discover IT when it came out because of the 5% rotating categories. I know stupid right? Well anyways working myself to a capital one 500$ limit to now it growing to 4950 and being able to get a marvel at 6000 and other bank cards I've never had the experience to have a auto approval until now... Discover sent me 2 letters in the mail nice glossy outside envelope (maroon color I think). The first time I said no it's just a letter they send to everyone and it was hard but I didn't app. I grew my jcrew to 4300 from 200 and I paid off 3 credit cards one 3000 (hccredit) one 2000 (cefcu) and another 2000 (barclay rewards, which now is 3350) and usbank platinum at 2000, my only card now is my capital one with a high limit of 4000 (yes, im working on it), I also added stanford credit union to my wallet little 1500 but I use it heavily and pay it off. I got another letter yesterday, I was going crazy.... I NEED that Discover, I would sit in the dining table staring at this envelope I quickly got the laptop and opened up the web browser and thought about it. Then I said F it, if they say no they say no... but... I need to find out. I apped I waiting for the 7-10 day message (Discover denied me at least 3 months ago for this card, I knew what was coming). Then.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I've been approved!!!! I fell off my chair. OK, now comes time to grow this card because surely they are giving me 500 bucks or something. NOPE! 6500!!!! WOW!!! Decent starting limit at least for me and now all I can do is my best to grow it to 20K! Smiley Happy!!!!! I think I'm doing good folks!

creditwise: 681

CK: TU 681 EX 681

Barclay FICO: 706

1 30 day late in 2012 usbank

old auto loan has been settled but hasn't updated the loan was from 2009 closed 2011

macys reporting negatively for 520 opened 2007 closed 2008 disputed but macys gave CRA wrong last payment date for it to be removed re-disputed per transunion

student loan mishaps in 2012

income: 90K

housing payment: 0

hope this helps others.

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations !   So very happy for you! 

Your hard work is paying off! 

Now keep us posted on your journey getting that card up to 20k. 

Message 5 of 8
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 6 of 8
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval !!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 7 of 8
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

congrats! !!!

this gives me hope, they denied me twice last year. still hurts.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.