Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover IT

I always go to the pre qual sites (chase, discover, cap one, amex, etc) and only have cap one ever tell me I am pre quald.  I finally got a redish metalic letter in the mail from Discover with an invitation code on it.  I was hesitant to apply since I know these are not for sure and I already have opened Venture 10k, sportsmanguide visa 2k, and Wal Mart 1.6k in the last month.  I plugged in the invitation code and filled out the rest...waited the 60 seconds and I was approved.  I went to find out how much and they SL me at 5.5k, my third largest CL.  I am super happy about getting my foot in the door of Discover!  I really want Chase and Amex next but I have to get in the Garden for the next 10-12 months for Mortgage, only to come out of the Garden around December to reapply for SOFI Loan.  

After rereading this post, I feel that there should be some moral or reason.  When I first came to these boards years back I had bad credit, credit that you would be ashamed of.  Now my scores continue to go up with hard work and some research that was pretty much all laid out on these boards.  Keep working hard, no matter what level of creditworthiness you are at....I know I will!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT

Well done, congrats on the approvals and your success !!

Message 2 of 7
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Nicely done!

Message 3 of 7
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 7
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals!

Message 6 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Well done

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.