Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It 9500.00 approval after bankruptcy

tag
BigOrange
New Contributor

Discover It 9500.00 approval after bankruptcy

Filed bankruptcy chapter 7 five years ago. Included Discover in it for 7200.00. Got a Capital One Secured card 09/2014, which really seems the way to start out, and added 700.00 to get the CL to 900.00. They converted it to unsecured card without me asking at some point.  March 2017 13 months ago, I applied for a Capital One Quicksilver and it has a CL of 3500.00. I logged in and asked for an increase to 5,000 and they gave me 7000.00. I pay off my balance every month.

Was reading on here Discover is a good one to try, so checked pre-approvals and had one for the Discover IT and the other one. Applied and got a 9500.00 limit! Wasn't expecting that since I included them in my Bankruptcy for 7200.00!

The moral of the story, is they loan people money who don't need it. :-)

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It 9500.00 approval after bankruptcy

Congrats on Approval nice SL

Message 2 of 18
CreditWolf
New Contributor

after bk i think its a great card to have congrats Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 18
DemonHusker
Regular Contributor

Congrats and good to know. I had a chargeoff with them back in 2013 that has now been paid in full but when I check for prequal on their site it denies me everytime stating past negative accounts or something like that. Maybe it has to completely fall off the credit report before I can get a prequal. Anyway thanks for the info.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!
Message 5 of 18
BigOrange
New Contributor

@DemonHusker wrote:

Maybe it has to completely fall off the credit report before I can get a prequal. Anyway thanks for the info.

Very possible, everything has dropped off my report except for the Bankruptcy.

Message 6 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice, Discover LOVES some with BK , they want to be your under cover credit card lover lolSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 18
BigOrange
New Contributor

Is there anywhere else I should try that will do 5 years after bankruptcy? I already have Capital One Quicksilver & Platinum.

CreditKarm says Trans Union 701 & Equifax 714

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! My Discover was iib, under $500 and no Pre-Approved offers for me 7 years later. Funny how these things work sometimes.

Message 9 of 18
BigOrange
New Contributor

After I got my card, I determined my TU Fico is 617, so apparently, I am very lucky to get this card with this CL.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.