Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It APPROVAL!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It APPROVAL!

I went ahead an apped for a 2nd Discover card and was surprised with a 12,500 limit! I really only got this card for the 18 month BT offer as I need to transfer a balance in a couple of months. I'll also throw some 5% category spend on this as well since it is matched for the 1st year. I plan to combine this Discover into my older one once the BT is paid off!

Data Points:

Experian 697 

I think experian was the only one that was pulled since it was the only I received a notifcation more. Coincidentally, it is also my lowest score which makes the starter limit even more surprising!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It APPROVAL!

nice SL! ive been thinking of doing the same with a BT. but worried my UTI may be a tad too high. mind saying what yours was/is?

Message 2 of 15
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Nice SL! Great card too. Congrats!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on The Discover ItSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 15
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new Disco and sweet SL!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

nice SL! ive been thinking of doing the same with a BT. but worried my UTI may be a tad too high. mind saying what yours was/is?

i believe mine is at 6%. My total CL across all cards is at around 139k.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beautiful, very nice SL! Congrats.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet! My Discover has had a $1k CL since I opened it in 2004. Smh.

So if you combine the accounts, do you keep the aging?
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your awesome approval and sl!

SspW.gif

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Sweet! My Discover has had a $1k CL since I opened it in 2004. Smh.

So if you combine the accounts, do you keep the aging?

i believe that depends on which card you add to the other. like if you add the new card to the old one, you would keep aging. but if you add old card to the new one, it would close out the old card and not really be considered open aging. it would still be on your report for 7 years. but not be the open one. if that makes any sense. but youd have to check if you can do that. with several companies i know you cant add the new card to the old one for a year or so anyway because thats basically just a cheat major CLI. but the other way around is possible with some right away. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.