Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It APPROVAL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It APPROVAL

If your dti is high I wouldn't try for citi or chase because you'll probably end up with a low limit card. They are pretty strict on dti. Boa give good credit limits but not sure of there guidelines.
Discover and Capital One are best for young profiles and both give good credit lines.
I would go for capital one knowing they will pull all three bureau's but give a decent starting line and can combine down the line. Once your scores all get to 720 or above you can go for Amex. Amex will probably approve you now but probably end up with 1000 cl so I would wait till scores go above 700 from using your Discover and whatever card you decide to get.
Message 11 of 13
Namaste7
Established Contributor

Congrats OP! I'd recommend a credit union as part of your growth strategy. If you establish even a small banking relationship with them, it can payoff on larger credit card lines and low rate loan products over time. There lots of threads on the larger credit unions like PenFed, NFCU, USAA (if you qualify), Alliant and others. Many members have had similar success with local and regionals CUs.
~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 on getting a good credit union.
With the op having a car and mortgage loan already, a credit union might be the way to go. There great for long term relationships and will have products down the line they can use.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.