cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It APPROVAL!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover It APPROVAL!

@mr_suave wrote:

I went ahead an apped for a 2nd Discover card and was surprised with a 12,500 limit! I really only got this card for the 18 month BT offer as I need to transfer a balance in a couple of months. I'll also throw some 5% category spend on this as well since it is matched for the 1st year. I plan to combine this Discover into my older one once the BT is paid off!

Data Points:

Experian 697 

I think experian was the only one that was pulled since it was the only I received a notifcation more. Coincidentally, it is also my lowest score which makes the starter limit even more surprising!

Congrats! When did you apply for your 1st Discover and how much of a starting limit did you receive?

Dad's Info: FICO 8 Experian: 627, Credit Karma-Transunion 651; Equifax 656
Capital One QS: $376/$500
Discover IT: $111/$1,250
HSN: $509/$2,000
US Bank: $386/$500
Message 11 of 15
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@Boisvert wrote:
Sweet! My Discover has had a $1k CL since I opened it in 2004. Smh.

So if you combine the accounts, do you keep the aging?

Yes if u combine the new with the old one. Keep in mind you can only combine if you have a CLI available on the receiving card. I have a CLI available on my old Discover but I cancelled it so it’ll hopefully still be there when I’m ready to combine! 

Amex Gold NPSL, Amex Hilton Aspire 3k, Amex Marriott Bonvoy 1k, AMEX BBP 3.5k, AMEX Hilton Surpass 4.5k, BOA Cash Rewards 8.2k, BOA Better Balance Rewards 2k, Care Credit 15k, Chase Amazon Visa 19.825k, Discover 11.8k, Discover 12.5k, Nordstrom Store 4.5k , Fidelity Visa 10k, Cap 1 QS 15k, Cap 1 Savor 10.5k, Citi Rewards+ 4.4k, Citi DC 7.5k, Citi Advantage Platinum 5.5k, US Cash+ 3.5k, Altitude Reserve 9k, Paypal Mastercard 4k, Apple Card 6.5k
Message 12 of 15
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@TimeLBK wrote:

@mr_suave wrote:

I went ahead an apped for a 2nd Discover card and was surprised with a 12,500 limit! I really only got this card for the 18 month BT offer as I need to transfer a balance in a couple of months. I'll also throw some 5% category spend on this as well since it is matched for the 1st year. I plan to combine this Discover into my older one once the BT is paid off!

Data Points:

Experian 697 

I think experian was the only one that was pulled since it was the only I received a notifcation more. Coincidentally, it is also my lowest score which makes the starter limit even more surprising!

Congrats! When did you apply for your 1st Discover and how much of a starting limit did you receive?

I think I opened my 1st Discover back in 2016. It started out at 1500 and now it’s at 6800. 

Amex Gold NPSL, Amex Hilton Aspire 3k, Amex Marriott Bonvoy 1k, AMEX BBP 3.5k, AMEX Hilton Surpass 4.5k, BOA Cash Rewards 8.2k, BOA Better Balance Rewards 2k, Care Credit 15k, Chase Amazon Visa 19.825k, Discover 11.8k, Discover 12.5k, Nordstrom Store 4.5k , Fidelity Visa 10k, Cap 1 QS 15k, Cap 1 Savor 10.5k, Citi Rewards+ 4.4k, Citi DC 7.5k, Citi Advantage Platinum 5.5k, US Cash+ 3.5k, Altitude Reserve 9k, Paypal Mastercard 4k, Apple Card 6.5k
Message 13 of 15
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS on your 2nd Disco card and the AWESOME SL - That's how it's DONE!

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $13.7K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $14K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Discover IT $19K | OpenSky $300 | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) |
BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards $3K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $33K | NFCU Flagship VS $15K
Apple Card WEMC $6K | Macy's AMEX $4.5K | PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

TCL - $194K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 14 of 15
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Wow!! SMOOTHSmiley Wink Welcome to the Elite DiscoveristSmiley Wink
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.