cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Approval - Rebuilding Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It Approval - Rebuilding Success!

My credit scores were in the very low 500's about 6 months ago when I started rebuilding my credit. I got my new MyFico scores/report today, and I'm at 665/661/653 TU/EQ/EX so I figured I'd try for a Discover It pre-approval (yet again). I've done this probably every month (or more if I'm being honest) because getting in with Discover It and AmEx have been goals of mine.

Waiting for the secured card to pop up like it always has, already anticipating defeat, I was SHOCKED that I'd been pre-approved for both Discover It AND Discover Miles. 

Since rebuilding, I've opened Chase Slate and Citi Double Cash,  both with $500 SL, and Paypal MC with a $2000 SL. Figured this one would be another $500 SL but hey, it's a foot in the door, right?

Of course, I have to call to verify my info. On the phone, the CSR tells me after asking a few security questions I've been approve for Five.....(I'm waiting to hear hundred)....thousand and five hundred dollars! I was shocked! Even before my rebuild, my highest limit was $3k on a Capital One Platinum and that started as a $200 card. 

I'm officially ~in the garden~ as y'all say around here, and can't wait to earn cash back. I'm going to stick to the AZEO strategy with this one being my one

PS I got the pink one. Sue me. I dare you. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Approval - Rebuilding Success!

Congrats on your approval! 

Ps....I don’t think you’ll get sued over the color pink 😀

Message 2 of 12
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and rebuilding progress!
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Congrats on your approval! 

Ps....I don’t think you’ll get sued over the color pink 😀

Ha! I've always told myself that I'm not a "pink" person...the tides have shifted.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice pickup. Good job on your rebuild. 👍
Message 5 of 12
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! I have the pink one and a purple one too.☺️ Pink and purple are my favorite colors.

@Anonymous

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Purple cards represent, we must vanquish our pink brethren.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't believe you got pink! I have green since that was my last card before gardening.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your successful rebuilding journey!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I have the Discover Secured card and after converting it to an It card in order to reap the 5% cash back rewards I got myself the Spruce Green card. Sometimes I'm more excited about my card color than the rewards.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.