Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Approval

tag
Aramos
New Contributor

Discover It Approval

Just wanted to post, attempted to the prequal site for Discover and it came back with a Discover Secured pre-approval. I decided to go ahead and try for the Discover It Cash Back card instead and got approved. SL - $1,400 Which brings my total CL on open accounts to $5,500. For reference, EQ-644, TU-643, EX-641, and they pulled the EX on the pre-approval site at least. AAoA - 2 yrs 10 mths

The only question is should I attempt to go for an AMEX as well, or wait it out for HP to go away or scores to increase.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Approval

First, congrats on your approval!  I like my Discover It and use it quite frequently.  Your overall CL across all cards $4,100 more than your Discover It, so how many other cards and which do you have?  Is there a specific need you're trying to fill with an AMEX or is it more of just a "want" at this point?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

EXcellent!! Congratulations!

Message 3 of 11
Aramos
New Contributor

Thanks both of you!! and I have a Cap One Quicksilver that is $3,300, a Wells Fargo card( graduated from secured) that has been stuck at $600 for years lol. And $200 macy's that I use sometimes. As far as the AMEX, it is more so of a want (I also want a Chase later one as well). But I do want a travel/miles card at some point to start accruing those rewards.

Message 4 of 11
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on getting a new Discover card! 

April 2024: Experian 769; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approval. I just left the Disco preapproval site right before I saw your post. I only showed the secured card as pre approved. My scores are in the 700’s but your AAoA is higher than mine. Makes me wonder if I should try one day.
Message 6 of 11
Aramos
New Contributor

It showed me the same as well, only the secured. But yeah, scores are higher, so maybe offsets the AAoA.

Message 7 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on getting your DiscoverSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 11
austingal
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Welcome to the Discover It club.

Message 9 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your Discover approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.