Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It Approval!

I wanted to take the opportunity to share some information about my Discover approval. I have been rebuilding for the past year. I started with a Merrick card in January, 2016. I have to say that although this is a subprime card, I really like it and never had any problems. I then got 2 other subprime cards 3 months later.

In August, I received a Walmart card. I was so happy about this one and my husband was too. He loves Walmart! Lol...In november I got a Capital One Quicksilver One and CareCredit with 3k limits. I was over the moon! I have taken very good care of these accounts with my average utilization of 15% or less across all of them. I also got a few other synchrony accounts to prepare for the holidays.

Fast forward to yesterday, I noticed that Discover gives free credit scores to non card holders, so I signed up. I noticed there was an offer on there for the Discover It card. I looked it over and it had a fixed rate of 23% and 6 months interest free. I said to myself, they won't give me this card and ignored it. I then signed my husband up and he had an offer for the secured card. I thought about it all day and decided to pull the trigger. Instant approved for $1600 starting CL. Same terms mentioned above. I was ecstatic! I realize the APR is high but it is my first prime card. I have been looking into Discover for months. Tried their pre-qualify site and got the large APR range so I didn't apply.

Just had to share this approval. My husband just looked at me and laughed when I told him. Hope this helps anyone who may be on the verge of a prime card. By the way, they ran equifax and my score is 639 according to myfico.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Approval!

That's great though Angel, and don't fret too much about the APR. I came in at 18% with a 747 TU, four years ago, and a $1,000 starting line. I think you did well in taking the leap, and first year perks give you plenty of time to build a solid spend and PIF relationship with Discover. Welcome to the space jam that is Disco. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Woot! Congrats on your first prime card! All the best!

Message 3 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats OP this is a wonderful approval !!
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much Doebear...I never really understood credit and I am in my mid 30's now. I will just continue to give it time and be realistic about my needs.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying not to get to excited...part of me says, Discover will change their minds because they made a mistake. Lol
Message 6 of 13
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Discover It approval!!

Chase Sapphire Preferred- Barclays Apple Rewards- Barclays JetBlue MC- BOA Travel Rewards

Cap One QS MC- Synchrony WalMart MC- BP Gas- Milestone- Credit One

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations OP!! You deserve it.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you very much Doebear...I never really understood credit and I am in my mid 30's now. I will just continue to give it time and be realistic about my needs.

No worries there either Angel, credit isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and if this is a new or renewed path for you, you've started well. Smiley Wink One billing cycle at a time!

Message 9 of 13
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

OP, don't forget Discover double cash back your first year.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.