Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It Approved

Got their offer in mail today. Decided to apply. I have Chase Freedom with rotating categories now I got Discover It. Categories are different so it will be awesome to use both of them for different categories each month and get 5% cash back.

TU 718/ EQ 722 according to CK
FICO 716

Was approved for $2000. No pulls yet... Anyways I'm happy! First Discover card! Not a heavy spender, but might spend aroud $200-250/mo and pay in full. After 7 mo ask for CLI and maybe will carry my balance before intro expires. 

Are they generous with CLI?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Approved

Nice work.. Congrats... 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval. I continued to be baffled by Discover; with your scores I'd think you'd get a much higher SL.  I was approved for a $10K SL with scores in the 640s then 3 months later giving a $3K CLI.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Congratulations on your approval. I continued to be baffled by Discover; with your scores I'd think you'd get a much higher SL.  I was approved for a $10K SL with scores in the 640s then 3 months later giving a $3K CLI.

FICO apparently is not the only thing they use when considering starting limit. My TU FICO was 740 and was only approved a $2k.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe because my oldest CC is 1 year old. I don't have a good mix of accounts and had 3 inquires within last 3 mo? Maybe that's why they gave me a low limit. 
1 inquiry was a SP other 2 from Cap1 and Chase. 

PS: when I applied for Chase Freedom I only lost 3 points on EQ. Was it a soft pull?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Maybe because my oldest CC is 1 year old. I don't have a good mix of accounts and had 3 inquires within last 3 mo? Maybe that's why they gave me a low limit. 
1 inquiry was a SP other 2 from Cap1 and Chase. 

PS: when I applied for Chase Freedom I only lost 3 points on EQ. Was it a soft pull?

Well to start off. Congrats. However. I am quite confused. You say you've had 3 inquiries in the last 3 months but one was a SP .Well technically speaking yes it is an inquiry but typically not referred to as such nor is it counted against you if it truly was a SP. Also you ask if chase was a SP? I highly doubt it .But just check your credit karma and they will tell you your inquires on transunion and equifax .However they will not show you experian and I'm not sure who chase pulls so unless you sign up for it its hard to say . try and search the forums for the difference between HP and SP so you can get a better understanding as to what you are saying/asking, solely for future reference. 

Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats OpSmiley Happy Disco marches to their own beat, so we will never know how to properly gage what kind of limit we'll getSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 8
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I had low 700 when approved and sat at 3800 and denied request for Cli. I don’t use the card and recently got an auto Cli with the stipulation I use the card or be cancelled . Now the CLI was only to 6000 and my largest cards are now 20000 +but I like Discover so i will play
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.